Chapter 21

[Knight 'Xiao' is requesting your permission to advance his grade.]

[Will you permit the advancement?]

'Permission to advance?'

Surprised by the never-before-seen message, Jongryeo quickly confirmed Xiao's information to make sure.

[Xiao Lv. Max]

Knight grade.

It's now possible to advance the grade after the level requirement has been met. Will advance to the next grade when the sovereign gives his permission.

'Xiao's level.....??'

The level that previously hovered around the 30 mark had changed to 'Max' before he had noticed it. It must've been the case that, once the Illuminated Soldier's level cap had been met, he'd be given an opportunity to advance them to the next grade.

'Is the requirement level for advancement somewhere between the late thirties and early forties?'

When taking into account the potential level-ups happening during a single battle, he suspected that the required level had to be around there somewhere.

Considering that the average level of the Illuminated Soldiers was still around the early twenties, it sure as heck felt like a cumbersome requirement.

'Besides all that, it also needs my consent, too.'

That must've been the reason why Jongryeo thought there were hints of unknown but earnest yearning in Xiao's eyes as he ran over here.

'......'

Xiao didn't raise his lowered head at all.

Jongryeo could even sense a nervous determination emanating from Xiao as he waited for his lord's decision without budging an inch from his kneeling position.

Jongryeo was even tempted to pat the dude on the shoulder and praise him for the job well done.

'This guy....'

Jongryeo's gaze shifted back to the System message.

[Will you permit the advancement?]

The message was blinking slowly as if to urge him for an answer.

Xiao was one of the very first to become his Illuminated Soldiers, not to mention one who fought the hardest until now, as well. Was there a reason not to allow the grade advancement here?

Without a shred of hesitation, Jongryeo replied to the message.

"I allow it."

[Please designate the command phrase.]

'I need a command phrase for something like this, too?'

Jongryeo frowned briefly, but changed his mind just as quick.

Quite a few became Illuminated Soldiers at the same time. For today, it was only Xiao, but if more than a few soldiers requested him for the advancement permission at the same time in the near future, then it might become rather tedious and time-consuming to answer their call one by one.

Especially so, if it happened during the middle of a fight.

The command phrase would prove to be useful on those occasions, that's for sure. After a short deliberation, Jongryeo spoke up.

"Permitted."

He went with the 'Simple is best' mantra.

As soon as the command phrase was set, changes rapidly took place. It began from beneath Xiao's feet.