Chapter 32

Jin Woo confirmed the System message popping up in his view as that familiar mechanical beep rang out.

...

[Detoxification has been completed.]

'I was wondering why it was celebrating all alone, but huh, is this why?'

Maybe that was the case because, for some reason, he could sense that the ant king showed much more panic when he moved without a problem just now.

What a mystifying thing this was.

He wasn't talking about the all-powerful Buff getting rid of the poison, no, but the fact that he could actually sense the insect-like monster's emotions.

Before he had realized it, he could sense what other monsters were feeling about.

'Wait, was it from around the time I fought those High Orcs?'

Back then, he thought that he was able to decipher what those creatures were feeling by looking at their facial expressions and their gestures. However, that ant monster wasn't even what you'd classify as a humanoid creature.

Indeed, that thing had no other facial expressions other than crumpling it in anger.

'Is this because of my Perception?'

Just as his Stat values had all increased by so much lately, his Perception Stat also had increased by a lot, too. It was possible that some other unknown, hidden abilities to his Stats were unlocked when they went past a certain threshold.

However....

'....Now isn't the time to think about that, is it?'

Indeed, his priority lay with killing this thing and getting out of this place. Jin-Woo sprinted towards the ant king trying to push itself off from the ground.

'.....!!'

He could definitely feel the ant king's nervousness on his skin now. His continued pounding resulted in the creature's exoskeleton almost being cracked open. Just a little bit more now!

He thought like so and closed the distance in the blink of an eye, before jumping up slightly in the air. And then, he kicked down.

Kwa-boom!!

However, the ant king had already vanished from the spot. Only the poor ground caved in from the impact.

"Where did it go?!"

"It disappeared??"

While the other Hunters hurriedly searched for the ant king, Jin Woo calmly looked above him. The monster was flying in the air using its wings.

'Well, I guess this is convenient.'

Jin Woo smirked to himself.

What with him being able to sense the monster's fluctuating emotions, searching for its presence had become a step easier now. The emotion of confusion felt had changed to fear before it changed once more to happiness.

The ant king had changed its strategy now.

'If that human's specialty is his strength, then there's no need to face him head-on.'

The ant king's true weapon was its speed. Even that foolish human who lied and said he was the king of humans, couldn't even react to the ant king's movements and lost his neck.

From the onset, the reason why the creature wanted to use physical strength to suppress the human was a type of desire to show off its kingly powers.

But, right now, the ant king had decided to throw away that selfish reasoning and focus all of its being on this battle from now on.