Chapter 34

'...Let's get out of here.'

Putting aside the slight regret in his heart, Jin Woo gently picked up Jongryeo from the ground.

After losing their two leaders - the queen and the king - the ant monsters scattered and fled to the ends of the island in order to hide from the Shadow Soldiers. The ant tunnel, once filled to the brim with ants, was now completely empty.

Jin Woo took several steps forward before looking behind him to speak to other Hunters.

"Let's get going."

Their bodies and physical fatigue might have been recovered to some extent from the potions they ingested, but their mental fatigue had almost reached a breaking point by now. So, when they heard his suggestion, the expressions of the Hunters brightened up considerably.

It was now finally over.

Their smile-filled faces perfectly expressed their current emotions.

After they safely got out from the ant tunnel, they found a helicopter hovering in the air, having arrived at their location just now with an exquisite sense of timing.

"There they are! Hunters are coming out!"

"Yes!! Well done!"

The helicopter carefully descended and landed on the ground after its occupants discovered the exact location of the Hunters. The tired Hunters entered the vehicle one by one until only two people remained.

They were Jin Woo and Baek Yoonho.

Jin Woo was standing closer to the helicopter. He carefully handed Jongryeo over to Baek Yoonho, but not before giving the omega a gentle kiss on the forehead.

"What are you doing, Sung Jin Woo Hunter-nim?"

"I still have some unfinished business to take care of on this island."

Hearing that, Baek Yoonho could only smirk softly.

There were still plenty of ant monsters that had escaped death roaming around on the Jeju Island. If some other people said that they wanted to remain here, then Baek Yoonho would've questioned their sanity, but the man in front of his eyes was definitely not included in that group.

To fight monsters, you need a monster.

Baek Yoonho thought that he wouldn't be surprised anymore regardless of what Jin Woo was planning to do on this island.

"Excuse me."

Before leaving the island, Baek Yoonho threw out one last question.

"Byung-Gyu.... No, wait. What will happen to the summoned creature that came out from Byung-Gyu? Will he... stay as your soldier and continue to fight on?"

Jin Woo shook his head.

"I've canceled the summoning. It won't be possible to see him again."

Baek Yoonho nodded his head and formed a content smile.

"That's a relief."

"Pardon?"

"That guy, he... really hated fighting, you know? I'm sure that he's thanking you right now, wherever he is."

And so, the six warriors and one cameraman who had bravely fought on finally left the island of Jeju.

Their fight was over. However, it was merely another beginning for Jin Woo.

'I need only one more level up to hit 100.'

He'd get there with no problem, considering the number of remaining monsters on this island. And besides, there were plenty of shadows waiting to be extracted back inside the ant tunnel, as well.