Chapter 22: Goodbye

Bianca wakes and gasps for air. Her eyes bled and her body had violent spasms. She sits down and breathes heavily. Yves furiously dashes at Colette and pushes her to the floor. Ivan panickily runs to Colette. Spencer leaves Gracie and Travis fighting. He screams back at Yves.

"Oi! Don't you hurt her. You may be my hero... but not her."

Yves stops to hear Spencer. Mac hits Yves' chest forcefully and Stella says as she looks at Morningstar.

"That's a bitchy move."

Colette stands up with Ivan's help. Spencer comes closer to the twins so do Gracie and Travis. They ceased bickering. Mac whispers to Yves.

"You bastard. That's a kid, darling. And look at Morningstar, she's lying down like a fool even if she's wide awake."

Yves sighs loudly and speaks. He refers to Colette and Spencer.

"Sorry. I am just tired and awful. I know that is not an excuse. Heroes are not angels, son. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I was just scared we would have to fight her again."

"Abyss, sir. Don't be. You don't get to fight her off alone. I mean, we're here."

Colette answers while standing up. Yves smiles and Stella interrupts.

"Gracie, honey. That axe... where did you get it?"

"It was forged by the gods. It was passed on from generations in my family. Why do you ask?"

"Can anyone lift that? Or just someone special?"

"Anyone, yes. But has limitations. Like Thor with Mjolnir. Defender only is obedient to those who are pure of heart— Shit, I just quoted my grandfather."

Stella nods but does not answer. She tries to formulate a plan. She looks at her struggling sister. Travis taps Gracie's back and whispers.

"Bestie. You are so full of yourself."

Gracie laughs at him and she hands over Defender to Stella.

"Here try it out."

Stella takes Defender. Everyone gave shocked stares that she could carry the axe. Stella walks to her sister who was panicking. She squats down to her level and Bianca tries to speak. Morningstar held her face. She holds her hand back and utters.

"Why did you do this? Mama called me. Papa died this morning. Debbie is growing weaker as the days go by."

"What d— did you do to me?"

Morningstar struggles to speak. Stella adds.

"It's good for a change that you don't know how everything goes. We always have to ask permission from you. God knows how many innocent people you've killed. You are not the big sister I used to have. The one that helped me after I fell down the stairs. The one who splashed orange juice on Uncle Amir's pants. Muhammad and I kept on laughing we got stomachaches."

Yves crouches beside her. Stella sobs and pushes Bianca's hand away. She looks at Mac and coldly speaks.

"Malcolm. Do it. Now."

"Eh? Now?!"

Mac rushes to them and takes out a vial from Stella's pouch. He extracts the serum using a syringe. Mac had second thoughts. He hands it over to Stella. He stands behind Yves and Stella.

"Nice. Here comes the Power Removal Serum."

Travis informs the four and excitedly watches the grownups. Ivan hugged Colette in fear. Spencer simply stared at them as he wants to join in the hug. She utters to him.

"He's such a crybaby. I should've kicked him in the womb."

"I know, love. I can see that. Just hug that softie brother of yours. He still thinks that I'm an arsehole for loving you."

Colette gives a weird look to Spencer. He loves me...? She thought and Ivan continues to bury his face in her arms. He did not mind any noise from others. Gracie was still startled to see Stella carrying Defender with ease. Travis notices and teases her.

"You see that? You're not the only one worthy enough to carry that stupid heavy axe."

"Shut up. I am trying my best to process this situation."

Travis chuckles. Stella strongly injects the serum into Bianca. Wheezes came from the five kids. Bianca sobs and stares at her sister. The hero tries to mouth words. Stella utters.

"What are you saying?"

She comes closer to her. Bianca grabs her jaw and speaks.

"You took my powers away. I can't feel them. You were always so jealous of me."

"Thank you and goodbye, Bianca. You were a good sister my whole life. If ever you're still there. Now that I'm in my thirties, you became Morningstar. Morningstar... fuck you."

Stella pushes her hand that was strangling her, she stands up and swings Defender.

"What the fuck!"