Chapter 18: In the Heat

The girls land on the rooftop of a building. Ivan attempts to follow them but cannot run because of his broken legs. Morningstar unleashes two flaming spears and rotates them rapidly. She looks at the kid with vexation in her eyes. Colette exhales and turns the city into a reflective space. Bianca was surprised and looked around the replica of the city. Nothing was moving or living around her. As soon as she turned back to Colette, the kid was missing.

"Nice tricks you play, kid. But hiding from me won't do any good. I suggest you should come out of the shadows. Let's fight one-on-one like real women."

She utters and walks cautiously. She grips tightly on both spears and starts to detect a sound of rumbling from below. The ground starts to move from side to side. She trembled as she felt a slight hint of fear. The flooring detached from one another into cube shapes. Morningstar gets carried by one square. She loses balance due to the rapid movement of the block. She tumbles down and falls. The city turns into a black sight of nothing. She drops endlessly. Colette trapped her in a loop wherein she had a hard time escaping.

Ivan ran numerous flights of stairs. He dramatically collapses on his knees because he used his super speed. His legs were wobbly. He lifts his head and raises his eyebrows to see his sister on his left. She is floating with her arms raised towards Morningstar who is on his right side. Guide me, mom. Ivan thought as he cocks the gun that he took from Malcolm earlier. He points it to Bianca. He closes his eyes and pulls the trigger.

Gracie wakes. She stands up but her legs start to move unsteadily. She bangs her head on the wall on her right and begins to scream out of rage.

"Hello, Gracie."

Spencer speaks and taps her shoulder from behind. She was bewildered by his soundlessness. She pushes him a bit as she stares at him with grossness. She coarsely replies to him.

"Fellow blonde. I see you've... survived... all this."

"Absolutely. I am one knackered bloke. Have you seen Colette? Is she alright? Is she doing fine?"

Spencer said while looking uneasy. He coughed up blood and collapses on the floor. Gracie sits him up and notices multiple stabs in his belly. He firmly holds his stomach to prevent further bleeding. Gracie looks around and is filled with dread. Spencer says. 

"Oh no. Please, do not cry for me. I just feel a bit wonky. However, please do tell Colette that... she should take care of herself. All I want is her happiness—"

"Shut up. I am not crying over you and I don't care if you die. Tell all those sweet nothings to Colette herself. Oh, don't die though. I still want you to marry her. Anyway, I've thought of a plan. You see that? By the corner?"

Spencer smiles and utters.

"Cheers, fellow blonde. It would be aces if we tied the knot. She would be Mrs. Cooper. We could have eleven little ones, a whole football team—."

"Shut your trap."

He shuts his mouth and turned his head to where Gracie was pointing. He saw Travis.