Chapter 21: It Is Time

The five kids and the three adults surround Morningstar. Mac reaches out from his pocket and hands a container to Stella. He puts down Ivan. The kids simply watched them. She takes it and removes the lid. She opens her purse and gets a hold of a pouch.

"Excuse me, sirs, and doc. What the hell is that?"

Ivan butts in and calmly asks the three grownups. Yves pats his shoulder and explains.

"This is the Power Removal Serum. My wife invented this and was fired by her dumbass sister."

"Oh. We absolutely need to use that on Morningstar."

Travis frankly says. Ivan, Spencer, Colette, and Gracie spoke at the same time, respectively.

"It's a must. I'm sick of her."

"Absolutely. She's rubbish."

"We should. She's such a pain in the ass."

"Yup. Let's kill her."

Stella was left amazed and stupefied by the kids' willingness. Mac felt proud of them and utters.

"I raised you well, my darlings."

"Thanks, Mr. Fusion. It means a lot coming from you."

Ivan thanks his hero. Mac felt thankful and spoke.

"Stop with the Mr. Fusion. Just call me... Mac."

"Okay! Mr. Mac."

"Oh, darling. You're my favorite—  No offense. Anyhow, I see an angry Shirley approaching us."

He points at her who came abruptly. Shirley looks at Bianca with disgust.

"With all due respect, Fusion, and Abyss. I would be delighted if you two eliminated Morningstar or even you, Dr. Mustafa. She brainwashed me and this girl removed me from that spell."

Delaney looks at Colette who held Spencer. She smiles at the kid and mouths the words 'Thank you'. Bianca slightly sobs even if she was psychologically trapped. Delaney leaves them and pats Mac. Stella reminisces about times they shared during their childhood. Gracie looks at Morningstar from head to toe and utters.

"I volunteer to kill her. I am dedicated to killing this eyesore. I am clearly the worthiest to kill her."

Gracie brags and flips her hair. She summons out the axe, Defender. The four gasped exaggeratedly at her statement. Travis grabs her shoulders and shakes her.

"Princess! I love the dedication thing. You think so highly of yourself."

"Brunette... This is sarcasm, right?"

"Hell yeah. You are not killing her... someone will."

Travis refers to himself. She whines at him like a child. Ivan pushes Spencer to inform him to stop the two from arguing. Ivan thought. This is the least he can do for me. Spencer trembles to interfere with the two fiery kids. He's using me because I like his sister. Brilliant. Spencer thinks and steps in.

"Fam! Please. You're not a married couple anymore like what Cole said. You, blokes, are divorced. Her sister, doc, is literally here. You lot are complete rubbish."

"It's okay. It's needed, anyway."

Stella coldly answers. Yves and Mac whisper to each other behind the kids. Travis scoffs at Gracie and she hits him. Colette breaks away from the group and walks slowly to Morningstar. Ivan stares at his sister who was scrutinizing the inert hero.

"Hey. What are you doing?"

Ivan makes his way to Colette. She ignores him for a moment as he continues to wonder what she is doing. Behind them is Spencer trying to restrain Travis and Gracie from beating each other up. Stella, Yves, and Mac debate on a plan to put an end to Morningstar. Colette reluctantly replies to her brother.

"Something is wrong with her. I'm not sure if it's in a good or bad way."

"Meh. Either way is great. She is technically trapped and immobile. In the mind though."

"How is she psychologically trapped? Ivy, did you do this?"

"Woah. That's not my job. Those are your powers."

She nods. Ivan pats her shoulder and leaves her alone with the kneeling Bianca. Colette looks from left to right and shakes Bianca. She slaps her in an attempt to wake her. Yves notices and shouts at Colette.

"Hey! Hey! Do not wake her—"