Chapter 11: New Discovery

"Defender!"

Gracie calls her axe and hits it to the ground. It causes the ground to crumble, and it damages all the cars. Eliminates two. With the upper hand, Travis crushed three cars with a swooshing tornado. Ivan submerges four cars as water and blood break out of each car. Colette watched Spencer burn one chopper with his optic blast. She felt one soldier from the other chopper, thinking about him. Supes are animals. Now, blond boy. I'll bring death to you. Say hello to my little friend! She enters his mind and whispers.

"Okay, Tony Montana. That was a cringe thing to say. You could've said something way better than that. Anyway, since we're saying cringe shit now... Don't touch my blondie."

The cringey soldier shot himself, making his comrades panic. They all aimed at the scared Spencer. Woah! That was sudden. Spencer thought. Her mind hijacked the machinery of both helicopters. The pilots could not take control of it as she rapidly made it spin. He successfully burnt the chopper and stared at her as her eyes glowed blue. Spencer was in awe to see Colette with powers. The chopper starts uncontrollably firing around the place. She pushed him away to protect him from the raining bullets. The three below who were done with their jobs also watched her. Ivan was amazed by his sister's newfound power. It whirled unsettlingly fast. She took her hands out and made them both crash onto each other. Travis created a whooshing air shield to protect them from falling debris. Spencer then flies and tells Colette.

"Woah. Thank you for saving me again, twice. You were aces. I absolutely think you are very pretty, and brilliant. No. I don't think. I know."

"Sure. You're welcome. You're the only cringe thing I'll accept."

He smiles as they land down. Spencer assists her, holding her elbows. Gracie took out a gun from a dead soldier and killed the soldier who was driving their car. The car crashed on a tree. They were perplexed and screamed in disgust and horror. She spoke.

"What's with the shocked faces? Aren't we doing a killing spree here?"

All of them disagree. Spencer hides behind Ivan. She adds.

"My goodness, are you not aware that we killed people?!"

"Woman, you're just high."

"Oh? I highly disagree! Jock!"

Travis and Gracie bickers. Colette judges them and sits down on the floor. Ivan hugs Spencer and wraps his head around the things they did.

"Guys! We killed all those people! They have families and lives. Why are we not aware and just... did it?"

Ivan yells and pushes his friend away. The five realize and reflect on what was happening. Ivan then grabs the lazy Colette from the ground. As well as Spencer, to hug them. Travis and Gracie pondered about what Ivan said.

"Put your hands in the air or we will shoot!"

The new batch of military circles around them leaving them hopeless. Spencer was distraught but nudges the twins behind him. Travis freaks out but has thought of a plan. He whispers.

"Wings, you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Gracie nods and was about to power up Defender. Despite that, ectoplasm begins to form on the ground. The glowing goo turned into glowing, solid threads. It curled onto the soldiers' feet and brought them to their demise. Reveals Abyss and his Necro Scepter who was responsible for it.

"Sorry for being late! Drake is such a knob."

Mac whispers to the five who was trying to process the situation. Ivan still held on to his sister and friend.

"You didn't do anything and I heard that, Clarke."

"Thank you, sirs. I'd like to ask something."

Travis asks them both in a serious tone. Yves responds. 

"What is it?"

"Why the fuck did we want to kill those people? And we craved it for it. What we did back there was pure massacre. What is happening?"

The kid shakes heavily. Mac and Yves glance at each other.

"Darling, Bianca altered reality. She made us mutants crave for destruction and death. To be honest, we killed innocent people on our way here. I believe it's her way to start an apocalypse or to simply point out that these mutations are a curse. Something only she could handle. This the reason why she kills others to get powers and abilities. The reason why she fired her own sister. She wants to be the only mutant."

Mac replies to him in a rapid way and resumes.

"Have you not heard the news? There is a war out there, right now. The whole world is in chaos. Now go kids, run for your lives! I've always wanted to say that."

Mac says in a poetic and extravagant way. The three let go of their lengthy hug. Colette sits down again.

"Thank you, Fusion and Abyss. If it's okay? May we have your autographs? You know, the last time we saw you, we didn't have the chance."

Ivan yells and pushes Travis away. Spencer adds as he was about to cry.

"Oh, mate. I thought you never will ask them. I don't have the strength. I'm personally a Fusion fan. A Fuser. My mate here is an Abyssal. I look up to you Fusion, being the only Englishmen here. You blokes are the best and you are like the dads I never had."

Colette stands up. The members of The Supreme awkwardly nod. She says sorry to the heroes and drags the two boys away.

"Dearie? I am aware that you told me not to speak of this again but... you warped our reality. As to, framing those kids. Just not those five but for all. Blinding them from the truth."

Morningstar ignores Hayden's question. He looks at her and mumbles.

"What I'm really concerned about is— Why didn't you erase Yves, Malcolm, Stella, and the five kids' knowledge about this? You know what? Let me rephrase that. How about their complete existence? Why are they still breathing? Good thing, you already brainwashed Delaney. What are you planning to do with Luminescence and Ninth League? Others rioting supes too. Not to mention you started a war. Please. Do something. I'm your husband, do it for me."

Hayden asks his wife while formulating new power. She slams the table. She strangles his neck and pins him to the wall.

"Sweetie. Do you remember your wedding vow? All the things you promised me. I am a god, you impertinent fool."

She speaks softly as he tries to catch his breath. She raises her voice.

"Was that a lie? Because I love you a lot! You're my first boyfriend. The day you became my husband was the day I was the most happiest. Finally, settling down with some who loves me. I am the leader of this relationship. The leader of this world. BUT WHY! Why are you being so— Support me. That's all I ask."

"Yes, dea— dear. I'm sorry."

"That— thing— was the last straw. You, thinking you have authority over me, talking back to me. My mind and my— body can't take the powers and abilities anymore. Know this, I will hunt them down. No matter how good they hide. I AM SUPERIOR THAN ALL OF THEM. The media and every single person in this world worship me. The heroes are too busy to deal with me. They can't come! They're my bitches."

Hayden endures her choking. She resumes her egotistical monologue.

"Be aware of this, I'm doing this for you. To save our failing marriage. I'm thanking myself, everything is going according to my plan."

She pushes him away, cracking the wall. He attempts to stand up. She then injects a new power, size manipulation.