Chapter 9: Disclosure and Realization

They arrived at her house. Gracie pounds on the door and loudly says.

"Doc! Open up! We know you're in there!"

Travis pulls her away from the wooden door. He exclaims.

"Goldie! We may be interrogating but we ain't the FBI. Let's do this gently, shall we?"

The door suddenly opens and Stella welcomes them doubtfully. Gracie nudges Travis away and enters the house without looking at Stella. They sat on her couch. Spencer looks down and fidgets on his wristwatch. It creates a ticking sound that packed the room. Awkwardness filled the air so Stella spoke.

"Okay, I'll just go straight to the point. Um. I know you Colette, Spencer, Travis, Gracie, and Ivan, are wanted."

"Great. You know all of us from right to left. Or is it left to right on your part? I don't care 'cause whatever you know about us, that's what the news says."

Gracie coldly answers. Stella continues as she sits on the coffee table located in front of the couch .

"Yes, Gracie. Don't believe everything you see on TV... I also know you're not guilty."

"Thank you, um— Dr. Mustafa. We came here to clarify things up. If that's okay?"

Travis replies as the four barely utter a sound. She responds and breathes shakily.

"Oh. Sure. It's sort of a bad timing right now. But um, yeah. Sure. Go on."

"Sorry. Ah— We— We somewhat? We want to know why the fuck Morningstar— I'm sorry— your sister— punched us. Isn't she a hero? They save people and bring justice? Is killing a villain— I know it's a bad guy but— is that the new justice nowadays? Tell me about it 'cause I wasn't informed."

While Travis talks, Colette grips her knee as she felt an unsettling sensation in her. Spencer notices and mumbles.

"Cole? Are you fine? Can I hold your hand?"

She infuriatedly says.

"Ha— Why do you want to hold my hand?"

"Oh. You seem furious. Apologies."

"I'm not furious. I'm anguished. It also seems like you need that hand holding more than I do."

She refers to his evident sweat. Colette grabs Spencer's hands and Ivan spots it. He sighs and Gracie mutters to Stella.

"I found you on Instagram. Now, I know you're wondering how I got your address. Brit boy here hacked it and is truly tech-savvy."

She points at Spencer who is caring for Colette. Stella smiles at the young couple and continues.

"It's fine. That's impressive. Anyway, I know this is quite illegitimate but I'm still going to help you."

"Thank you, doc. It means a lot."

Travis says desperately and Stella adds.

"Hayden Rostenkowski is the guy who took blood from Bomb Man."

"Gray hair?"

"Yes, Travis. The gray haired guy."

"Bianca Mustafa, my sister or as you know her, Morningstar. She has been married to him for god knows how long. Or is she god? I don't know— she feels like one."

"Yeah. Her influence can technically control the world."

"Yes, it can. I just also found this out yesterday and it shocked me to my core. You know? How could my sister betray me? She's been a violent girl ever since we were kids. She killed our first dog, Consuelo, just because she hated the dog's name. The poor dog was squished and she blamed it on me. She said I played baseball so tough... that I killed Consuelo. Same with my ex-boyfriend, Todd."

"Oh. Um. What did she do to Todd?"

"He was so hot, she was jealous of me. When she finally seduced him, she blasted her dick."

"Right."

Travis says and gets uncomfortable. Gracie softly chuckles. Stella adds and gets emotional.

"And I know for sure, that she wants you dead. She framed you five and at the end of the day, she's the hero! You five should really keep safe. Probably hide from the authorities as they are all hanging on in her little golden pocket. Don't worry, I'll inform Abyss and Fusion."

She stood up and wipes her tears. Ivan weighs in.

"How about the other heroes?"

"No. They're all corrupt. They think of Morningstar as their god."

She says sternly and pulls out her phone. She dials Yves' phone number. The five were stunned, all was quiet. She walks to the kitchen to prepare coffee.

Yves parks his car. He and Mac walked to Stella's house. He puts on his long coat and Mac with his fedora.

"Oh! We're going to your ex-wife's house, to rekindle the old fiery romance."

Mac teases him in a singsong manner. Yves does not mind him. As they are about to open the front door. Travis opens it first.

"Oh dear, it's the wanted kids!"

Mac yelps and hides behind Yves. Yves holds his friend to protect him.

"Holy shit! It's Abyss and Fusion!"

Ivan and Spencer screamed in unison.

"Hello...? What are you kids doing here? You know what, never mind. I know you guys did not do anything. You innocent children. I want you all safe. Stella informed me."

Yves speaks and calms Ivan and Spencer's excited faces. The friends were upbeat to see the heroes. Yves pat their heads. He shows them his car keys and says his address.

"Here take this. Head to my safe house, it is a remote area. Stay there until we figure out all this shit. There is food there and we will send you some clothes. No one gets out of there until we say so."

Travis takes the car keys and the five leave the grownups. Stella welcomes them to her bungalow. Yves sees her and mutters.

"Ellie. We need the serum."