Chapter 1: Twins, An Introduction

The alarm rings noisily. Ivan snores loudly in his messy room. He neglects the constant beeps of his phone alarm. Colette dries her hair with a towel as she gets out of the bathroom. She hears the alarm and stops outside of his room. She shouts.

"Rise and shine, fusilli!"

She repetitively bangs the door to his room which leaves him screaming.

"Damnit! What do you want?! You jerk!"

Ivan jumps from the bed. He thinks. Why is she banging the door like a maniac?! What the hell does she want from me?! He then trips over the floor to wear his clothes. He thumped his jaw on the framework of his bed.

"DAMNIT!"

Marc, their father whom they call Baba, scolds his sister with his thick accent. He cooks breakfast in the kitchen, wearing a big apron.

"Coco, he's your twin brother!"

"It's a curse, I know. I look exactly like him. I'm just way prettier."

Colette yawns and answers while brushing her frizzy hair. She walks around the house in attempts to find her shoes. Marc responds.

"I know! Don't call him names!"

"I can call him whatever I want. Heh. Spaghetti-head."

Ivan stared at her in a bad way. He gets a stuffed toy from her room and throws it to her. Colette flares up and jumps to Ivan. He carries her on his back and tries to hurl her away. Marc still continues to talk.

"Oi! I did not raise you two to do this! You must care for each other! Not hate!"

"Well baba, take a good look at him. He does have curly hair... like fusilli."

She says under her breath and hits Ivan on his back. He screams out in a high-pitched manner. She finally locates her sneakers and puts them on. Ivan hits her head and messes with her hair.

"Thanks. I know you think my hair is the best... because it is. These natural curls of mine don't need a perm. A God-given gift."

He brags to her. She rolls her eyes. The twins sat down quietly after the chaotic conversation. Marc serves them hot and burnt pancakes that he had made. The pan sizzles as he throws it on the sink. He enthusiastically asks his children.

"How are the remaining days of your break, ah? Are you two getting rich? I am so excited! You two going to Ev— Evelyn Rick— Ritcher University! Can't even say it right!"

"Yeah ba, just about to enter."

Ivan replies without looking at his dad. Colette tries to sleep on the table. Ivan adds in a dull way.

"If you look at it, if we're accepted... We're one of the few normies to even step foot in Eve Ritch. It's an honor. Hell, one big of a pressure too."

"Yes! Wait... The 'E' and 'R' word."

"I don't know what we're gonna to do there though. And the tuition... it's too expensive. Cole, I suggest I get a scholarship and you get a sugar daddy."

Ivan munches on the pancake. Colette chokes on her food, she coughs loudly. Marc looks at him weirdly and speaks.

"Van-Van! I told you not to swear! The 'E' and 'R' word!"

"Ha. What the fu— Baba, Ivy didn't swear."

"Yes! You!"

"I mean sure, I had a close call just now. Please, I'm begging you. You got to read that book I gave you. You'll learn how to speak English there."