Prologue

Humans with powers such as flight, immortality, invisibility, or teleportation. Individuals with abilities have heightened reflexes, strength, speed, or smell. Superhumans have spread over the seven continents. The origin of this anomaly has no concrete story. There are two theories that scientists and philosophers have established throughout the century. The most famous one is said to be from a yellow-colored alien since two men saw a figure emitting a bright light. The bright figure was wrapping a floating child in the 1930s. The child was named John Baron. Some say that people were experimented on for military purposes to ultimately defeat Germany in World War 2. Powers have altered mankind with genetic mutations ever since John Baron had that incident. This means newborn infants born after the event started having mutations. It spread like some viral infection. Passed on through families, through generations. 

Years later, they are called supes or supers, mutants, heroes, or celebrities. Many love them because they help prevent misfortune come their way. Villains, on the other hand, use their powers or abilities to commit crimes. There are over a million heroes and villains who have the mutation. Thousands possess a subordinating power or ability that supports a mutant's main power or ability. This means a super can have a maximum of two powers or abilities that relate to each other. A few people can mutate physically which can alter their appearance. The majority of people have weaker powers or abilities. Mutants with spirit element-based powers are treated higher in society than those who lack them. These elements are namely: fire, earth, water, and air. The people view the supes as saints who are nationalistic and focused on achieving the best for the greater good.

The world leaders did not adjust to this new race of superior homo sapiens until the mid-1980s. They oversee selecting individuals to become superheroes. Supes who can officially use their power or ability to do good.  The CIA and the organization founded by John Baron -Baron Incorporated- lead all superhuman affairs. They created an artificial island to lock up criminal mutants called, Cloud Island. It is located in the middle of the Caribbean Sea. Together, they have assembled three prominent hero teams. 

The notable team is a trio; The Supreme which consists of Morningstar, Abyss, and Fusion. They are patriotic and devoted to serving the United States of America and as well as the world. 

The second team is Luminescence. The leader is a master of mystic arts, Dr. Parker. He is selfish and goes through a lot of divorces. Together with his members; Bliss, she is an impetuous fairy-like hero who cares only about her vanity. Windmill is a gullible hero with enhanced breathing as he can exhale as an offense. He blindly follows orders without question that comes from Morningstar, not his leader, Dr. Parker. And Stardust, a disregarded hero as he simply controls dust and clouds. 

The third team is the Ninth League with their tough but mentally weak leader, Black Wolf. He is an expert marksman. Accompanied, by Doomsayer. He has precognition but is rumored to be supported by Satanists. Mister Moonshine, an alcohol addict with the power of night vision. He claims that alcohol improves his power. Phoenix is a hero with fire for hair that he can lengthen out. In addition, Noir can levitate and can manipulate fear into anyone he chooses. Phoenix and Noir's recent sodomy scandal haunts them. 

They are the world-renowned heroes of today's time following the footsteps of the first supe, John Baron also known as The Baron. Other heroes only work on small scales for different parts of the world. The top groups have their headquarters in Baron Incorporated, in New York, beside Evelyn Ritcher University also known as Eve Ritch. John Baron established the school in 1979 as a tribute to his late lover whom the university is named after. Eve Ritch is where they train the young future superheroes to act with morals and is overall run by Baron Inc. It is the only university to accept mutants as students who want a degree in crimefighting.