Chapter 41- The Ritual

**AMY'S POV**

"What?" I asked in utter astonishment, that was the last thing on the list of what could come out of Kurai's mouth. 'Oh you're such a stupid little human-y piece of shit' or 'wow I hate you' topping the list. But this?

"I said, let's make a deal. To take care of Keres." She whispered, and then cackling at the full 'what the heck' flabbergasted look I gave her.

"Why? Aren't you her loyal pet or something?" I asked, still couldn't let the information sink in.

"Don't call me that, I'll kill you." Yeah that's a bit more like Kurai, "I'm not her servant or some shit. I'm more powerful than her, like right now atleast. I need it to be kept that way."

"...So you're on a power hunt. Ah I get it." I nodded as I finally understood. It's always them villains and their hunger for power, loyalty means nothing to them.

"Yes, so if she takes over you she'll get way too powerful, just like that girl said, she needs your powers, the magic of the Dark Gem, not your physical body." Kurai spoke.

"Yeah I know. Wait, you knew what she said? Holy shit, am I that bad of an actor? Should I get lessons?" I asked myself, come on I couldn't be that bad. Am I?

"Yes you are." Kiki chuckled in my head and I shut her up.

"No you were fine. The girl was too loud, I have ears you know." She pointed at her pointed ones, "Anyways, so I need your magic drained away before the ritual takes place, or else it will get out of hand."

"So what do you plan on doing?" I enquired as I rubbed my hands nervously.

"Mm I have just the thing for that." She smiled as if too proud of herself, "Tada!"
She pulled out a purple ring with a silver skull engraved on the top. I gave her a questioning look.

"Its a magic item, in Keres' inventory, I stole it." She patted herself on the back. She was too proud of something like stealing. I can't ever understand their mentality honestly.

"So... this lil' ring will take up all my powers? Is there a catch?" I asked, cautiously trying to look as stupid as possible.

"What kind?" Kurai looked intently at me, trying to read through my thoughts. Wondering if I know her plan. Ofcourse I do.

"Well maybe I'll get sick or something, somehow I won't be able to fight, will I?" I enquired, knowing full well that isn't what the catch was.

"Oh dear, obviously that's the catch. Daughter of Athena, expected nothing less from you. Anyways, I want you to give it back to me once you're done. I have put a spell on it which only I can break. Alright, darling?" She smiled at me and patted my head as she handed me the ring.

"Alright, though I wonder if I should trust you or not." I spoke up, making sure that I keep it real. Who in their senses would trust their enemy?

"Oh ofcourse not, sweetheart. Don't trust me, but be with me just for a day or two till we get hold of Keres. I could kill her but that would raise suspicion. After that, I'll see you in the battlefield! Byee!" She exclaimed as she exited the room.

I sighed and spoke to myself, "Well obviously I'll steal the ring back from her." As I lied back on my brand-new bed and that's when I realised how much my arm was stinging.

"It's okay Amy, we know you did this to save the world. It's alright." Kiki spoke up, comforting my thoughts.

"Nah I'm just getting nostalgia. This world really has something to do with my arms. Back then when my arms got cut during the Blaze trip, Grace kissed me to bring me back. Just sad how he isn't here anymore." I sighed, wondering what they'd be up to right now. Probably fixing the portal right?