Chapter 37- Necromancy

**KARINA'S POV**

Whatever the hell was happening right now, it wasn't cool. I mean, it would be if I were reading a fantasy novel or maybe watching a fantasy show but being in a situation like this was absolutely terrifying.

My surroundings had changed, yet again, magically. The sky had an eerie reddish glow with clouds thundering their way in, the desert soil had been replaced by shallow, murky water. It looked like a perfect place to kill someone. I'm sure I wasn't the one doing the killing.
It seemed like I was back to where I was before with Katie and Axel but also not back there, you know what I mean?
You know what, I bet you don't know because I don't even know if I'm making sense, then how would you know?

If I had a 'Gem Spirit', as they call them, inside me, they would have probably yelled at me for being so confused. I don't know how did those things worked but they seemed quite scary and annoying altogether.

Anyways, my focus can't be drifted, I have to focus on the guy- wait. Where is the guy? He was right there in front of me, just now!
Holy shit, what has happened to me, since when did I get so clumsy? It's all the side effects of James' company, I know it.

Dark swirls of clouds surrounded Chester, as he looked at me in utter anger. An invisible force blew me across the waters, something grabbed both my hands and twisted them mercilessly. I groaned in pain as I felt thousands of hot invisible needles penetrate in to my body, stinging all over the places. A foul smell surrounded me, it was so bad that I wanted to puke.
The invisible needles were prickling me all over my body, it felt like someone had put my head inside a compressor and my organs began... well, crushing and acting up.

My head was aching so bad, everything swarmed around my eyes and I felt a whoosh past me and I turn to see Chester standing right behind me with a dagger, but I hadn't been stabbed yet because Katie had stopped the the dagger with her hand which now had a huge cut on the palm side with blood gushing out continuously.
Chester was taken aback, he wasn't anticipating an attack from a human.

Taking advantage of the situation, Katie grabbed his hair and pulled down his face while raising her knee and practically jabbing his foreheaf with her knee. Dazed by the sudden attack and the immense pain that followed, Chester couldn't react while Katie pulled another punch on him. Seizing the chance, I elbowed him in the gut and snatched his dagger simultaneously and stabbed him in the chest.

He was now on the ground, breathing heavily but he didn't seem scared, he was laughing like a maniac. His bloodied mouth with red-stained teeth open in a wide smile sent chills down my spine. I hadn't seen anyone enjoying their misery like that before.

"Are you... okay?" I asked, with an expression on my face that could only be described as confusion+anger+fear. See, it was an inevitable question, he looked like he needed severe therapy.
Pulling out the dagger from his chest he replied, "First time getting asked that question, thank you. And yes, yes I am perfectly fine".

He did seem fine since soon enough his wound started to close. Looking at his situation right now I didn't want to hit him because he seemed like he was dying but I knew it was all just a hoax, he would heal himself soon enough.
So I punched on the stab-wound on his chest but he stopped my midway, "Nice try", he spoke as he pushed me away.
But the push was so powerful I literally lost the control over my body and fell on the floor. Where did he get that power from?

"Fusio!" He yelled, as he touched Katie's arm while he got up and soon enough crystals of ice raced up her body, making their way from the ground to her head, freezing her with the 'what the hell just happened?' expression.
Before I got up in pain, (all the joints in my body were aching, it felt like my patella was deciding to launch itself out of my knees, my brain was gonna burst into small pieces and that the ball from the socket of my shoulder joint with roll out. Why? Seemed like all the injuries I got in the past however much time it has been decided to act up altogether), the boy was already sitting on me, all of his weight on my stomach, it made me breathless and I almost gagged because as a girl with less body weight, when a whole 65-70 kg man sits on you, it hurts.