Chapter 9- Giantepede

**JAMES'S POV**

Imagine being this busy killing monsters even after dying. I don't even know why we were trying to kill them because we possibly couldn't die anymore, maybe it's our habit now? We were facing an apocalypse without really facing it. Yeah, I myself didn't understand what I just said, you're not alone.

Now, these were the moments when I missed Areum with all my heart, moments like fist fighting a literal death-proof zombie. Like why the hell can't he just come back and help me out ugh?! I mean, I am pretty good without the Gem as well (Yeah, Karina gave me a whole damn lecture as to how much worthy I am, so I can't dare to say I'm not worth it) but still, the power of nature is just something else. After killing the last zombie in the area, I decided to march off to the area Karina was fighting in. Oh, seems like she was done killing them too. Nice.

"Whoa whoa whoa, careful!" I exclaimed as she hit my chest, while walking backwards.

"Oh, James? You're done? Good." She spoke, she was tired and so was I.

"Why do you have to get so indulged in fighting that you can't even notice me coming?" I asked.

"Because I prefer fighting over you. Anyways, I guess we're done with the ambush. Gosh, this was difficult. These monsters gonna pop up anywhere and anytime. We survived this ambush doesn't mean we can win against any other. We've got to have people spread all around Elysium." Karina sighed.

"Can we get treated first? This zombie bite's hurting. Who knows when I'll turn into a zombie myself." I spoke.

"Yeah, right. I hope the medics are doing well." She said.

"How are the Magical World people doing?" I asked.

"I don't know. Last I checked, they were trying to kill some kind of huge hairy monster. I'll check the Magical World section. You go and check upon the Realm one, and then together we'll check up on the Corporeal one. Uhm... after getting treated, that is." She replied.

And with that, we decided to go back to the place which was called 'Medic Room'. And just like the name, it was supposed to treat us. I was unusually calm right now. I don't know why. Maybe because I've gotten used to such tragedies things happening in my life.

"Why are you so calm? You're creeping me out." She asked.

"What was I supposed to do? Shout like crazy?" I asked.

"Pretty much yeah. Idiots like you usually do that." She replied and I sighed. No way I would win against her in an argument so it's just better to not argue. Quietly enough, we reached the Medic Room. Inside was a chaos. Literal chaos. The medic kiddos (yeah, most were around 16 or 17) were running here and there, magically and non-magically healing the wounded people.

"Ah, you kiddos have a lot of stamina." I spoke.

"You kiddos?" Karina asked.

"I mean, yeah. You are three years younger than me so you're still a kiddo." I replied.

"I won't be so young if I yeet you out of Elysium and send you flying to the Fields of Punishment now, would I?" She asked.

"Ah, you're aggressive Kat—I mean, Karina." I replied.

"Kat? Who's Kat? Your Ex?" She asked.

"What—Ew! Ofcourse not." I replied.

"Then who?" She asked.

"Just someone." I said. I really don't like talking about her often. Makes me feel guilty. Karina read my expression, oh shit, I'm gone now.

"You want another lecture? Is she who makes you feel worthless—" Karina was interrupted by the Room shaking at its best. The beds began shaking, medicines came crashing down on the floor and Medics fell down. Instinctively, I brought out my dagger and Karina pulled out her two guns. We stood with our backs against each other so as to look out for an attack in each direction.