Chapter 36- Salted Waterfall

**AMY'S POV**

"What?"
If I could describe my reaction right now, I wouldn't because I probably looked ugly as hell with my jaw hanging and my eyes widened.
Of all the things in the worlds, after Eric and Devil, the least I was expecting was to find out Serene and Daeva were related. Although now that I look at it, they do look a little similar. But never would I have imagined that this would have happened.

Serene, the pioneer of peace and love is Daeva's sister, the walking living proof of destruction and hatred?
Hell no. Maybe I heard wrong or something, there is no way this is true. So my eyes diverted to Blaze for reassurance that what I heard is correct and he slowly nodded his head. A slight tinge of fear, nostalgia, sadness and frustration filled his face.

"I dare you to kill me, Serene." Daeva smirked, but there was softness in her eyes which had replaced the cold stare a while ago.

"Sure, big sis, but we're not playing Truth and Dare. This one will be real." Serene smirked as well, but hers was cold. Not the heartwarming smile she always wore.

Rising up in the sky as water built up around her, collective in a huge ball of water above her, she snapped her fingers and geysers of hot water erupted around Daeva. Dodging each one of it, she zoomed towards Serene and slashed through the waterball coming towards her, she was drenched now but all good to go.

"Why did you leave me?" Serene roared as she attacked Daeva with her sword, one clanking against the other. With furious looks on both of their faces, they were ready for a close combat.
Daeva slashed and Serene dodged, Serene slashed and Daeva dodged.

"Why, you ask? Because I wanted to. I didn't want to be with your filthy self but with the Almighty Keres. What's so wrong in that?" She spoke as she engraved a deep cut across Serene's upper arm who was aiming for Daeva's heart and missed by inches and hit her right arm.

"Everything, Daeva, everything is wrong in that. How could you leave me all alone, in this scary world?" Serene's voice cracked but she regained her composure as she cut Daeva again over the previous cut.
Daeva grunted in pain, as blood gushed down like a waterfall, the wound was wide and gaping with the fat layer visible. Daeva was barely holding her long sword now, but supposing right was her best hand, she had to do whatever she could.

Supporting her right hand with the left, she charged at Serene, a blow near her neck cut down her pearl necklaces, each and every pearl fell down on the floor with a clink, just as Daeva spoke.
"You really think I cared about you?"

"Yes, the Daeva I knew did care about me. What changed?" Serene yelled as she cut Daeva's armor into two pieces with one slash of her sword, revealing her purple and black gradient coat.

"Everything changed, baby sister. You're not the little girl I knew either. You're rather fierce now, I like it." Daeva smiled, actually smiled with warmth. It really got me thinking she would drop her sword and hug her sister any moment now, but no. Once Serene had her back turned, she instantly stabbed her in the back, right in the middle while missing the kidneys by inches.
She could have totally pushed the sword into Serene, so much so that it would come out from the other side, but it was evident that she stabbed her only a few centimeters deep.

Suddenly, Serene started smiling with her head down, she reached out her hand to her back and touched the blood. Staring at the blood, she slowly started to chuckle which soon turned into a full-fledged laugh.
She turned half way to look at Daeva with a smile and tears rolling down her pretty face.

"This is always what you do. You back-stab but end up missing the vitals. I can't even hate you properly, goddammit." She said while crying.

"So hate me now because I hate you from the core of my heart! Do you need more cuts to finally hate me?" Daeva screamed, she was losing her braincells, for real.