Chapter 30- Blazing Fiery

**THOMAS' POV**

Hi stalker! Welcome back, how's everything going?
Anyways, you know that hug really warmed me up, yeah excluding the fire factor we were engulfed in, I was resistant to heat but when it's someone hot as Charlotte hugging you? Hell you cannot help but feel the heat.
But this was more of a "Oh my God I'm glad you're okay" type of warmth. Nonetheless, I wanted to stay like that forever but we had a bit of a situation there.

"Can you stop doing that cringe thing?" Blaze rolled his eyes. But there was something else in his eyes, they sparkled in the light of his fire. They were pearl-like tears. Why tears? I have no idea. Man must have been through some tough stuff.
"Let's get serious then." Amy smirked as she took out her gemstone from the necklace and turned it into a bow. I did the same with my spears and Charlotte replenished the wornout protection and began floating in the air with tech-gloves on her hands.
Luckily, I had touched that fire earlier and now I could produce fire now, yay! Let's counter fire with fire.

Amy raised some stones the size of a boulder (yeah she had now learnt how to control that power of hers, fortunately she doesn't faint now) in the air and I put them on fire. She threw them towards Blaze who obviously dodged them but that was a distraction to get Charlotte close to him. She appeared behind him and was about to smack the heck out of him when he turned to face her and brought out a fire hand and pushed her away. She used air friction to stop herself midway and prevent herself going all the way to the other part of the area where the rest were fighting the demons.
As he was dealing with Charlotte, I moved towards his back and as he turned a huge wall of fire erupted from my side, as soon as it subsided I aimed my spear at him. Blaze had his eyes wide open in shock but he recovered quickly and grabbed the spear just as it touched his chest.
"Whoa how did you use fire?" He asked as he tried to yank away the spear but I snatched it back from his grip and butted his chest with the blunt side. He staggered behind but it didn't do much to him.

"One of my fabulous powers I suppose." I said.

Blaze smirked and said "I guess I should get in action."
He pointed at my feet and a huge fire engulfed me. I didn't feel the heat much except a slight increase in temperature. I believe he probably has understood that I'm resistant to fire then what is he trying to do?
"You are resistant to heat but your clothes aren't resistant to fire, are they?" He asked.
Just then did I realise, my clothes were now burning hot and they had begun to stick to my skin. I roared in immense pain as my jeans and top, hot as well obviously fire, stuck to my skin triggering my neurons. It felt as if my skin was burning, my blood was boiling and my brain was telling me to peel them off but if I did that, I would die out of pain. I fell on the ground, breathing heavily and groaning. I let go off my spear as my hands and legs began trembling. Every single part of my body except the head was now attached to the clothes with stinging sensation taking over the pain and vice versa every once a while.
The fire was out now but I still felt like someone has thrown me into a volcano.
He used such a simple attack to create such pain and sufferings, something I didn't even think of. Using small details and facts that the enemy would overlook while fighting someone as powerful as him, he won.
No, he didn't win yet. No way.

"Grace! Someone help him!" Charlotte screamed, i could here her voice trembling as I went in and out of consciousness. I guess Amy and Charlotte were still up against him.

"I'll heal you, Grace is busy playing with that skull-head." Lisa squatted beside me, "It will hurt a little."
She did some healing magic thing, and soon I felt the clothes peel off of my skin. A little? Try waxing yourself and multiply the pain and stickiness by a thousand. That was how painful it was. The clothes got off my skin leaving behind a red skin with blisters popping up here and there. In fact, in several places, the epidermis and dermis (top two layers of skin) were peeled off along with cloth leaving behind red bloody surface with fat layer.
Somehow Lisa cooled down the clothes and treated my skin. The fat-exposed part didn't heal well and only dermis layer formed over it but the rest of it became fine. The numbness left my body but there was a lot of weakness and no will to fight again.