Chapter 15- Revealed

**ROSELLE'S POV**

No.
It can't be.
Please Gods, no. Anything but this.
I—I won't be able to bear this. No.

However much I repeated this in my head, nothing worked out. Nothing disappeared, nothing changed, everything remained the same. Eric was still there with those strange eyes, the eerie feeling was still there.
I refused to believe this was happening. No.

But I knew I couldn't deny a fact, something I am seeing myself, right in front of my eyes.
Eric was there, holding me by my waste, his eyes were like that of a fox's, he emitted the familiar eerie aura and he had dark black wings coming out of his back. The wings weren't like that of a normal bird though, they were spiky and had a really... I don't know how to explain it, but a very dark feeling to them. As if... as if I was seeing a monster, not Eric.

Eric's eyes widened as he realised that I saw everything. I knew he would do something to me, and make me forget about it somehow, I know how these things work, which is why I whispered to him.
"You need to explain this. Don't you dare try casting a spell on me, Eric. I won't forget this. I need to know about you now, I can't unsee your past anymore. Please, tell me. I want to know your past, I want to know YOU." I spoke. Eric's face held the "I'm sorry" expression, as if he wanted to tell me everything earlier but he couldn't tell it to me.
"I'll... tell you after I... protect them." He spoke and switched his attention back to covering us. I stared at his face, his wings, he seemed different yet the familiar. It was an unexplainable feeling. It felt like the same old Eric, but also someone I never knew. My heart ached as I wondered how much I didn't know about Eric. I continued staring at him while the rock slowly stopped falling, thoughts like "Do I know him?", "How much did you hide from me?" and "How clueless I was?"  clouded my mind.

Finally, after a few seconds, which seemed like an eternity of watching Eric grunting as all the rocks fell on him, the rocks finally stopped falling, revealing a huge hole on the roof. Eric let go of me and the others and soon, his wings turned into ashes and disappeared and his eyes went back to normal. As soon as the real him was back, he came towards me, holding a ‘sorry’ expression, as if wanted to explain it all but couldn’t.

“What is it, Eric?” I asked, my eyes totally showing how hurt every single cell of my body was. No honestly, do I even know him? How can I date him when I don’t even know a single thing about him? I lost all faith in myself, as I questioned our love.

“Roselle, I’m—” Eric started but was interrupted by Leo.

“Roselle! Again that thing, right?” He asked.

“Not ‘that thing’. It was Eric who was protecting us all that time.” I said, emotionlessly.

“WHAT?!” Everyone shouted in unison.

“No—That’s not possible—I thought… I thought, he was human?” Jacob spoke.

“I am a human!” Eric demanded.

“THEN WILL YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS SHIT?!” I shouted when I lost it.

“Ah—Roselle… I’m really sorry, I didn’t tell you before, I just couldn’t get myself to—Even, never accepted my past so… I didn’t tell you…” He trailed off.

“THEN TELL ME NOW! Didn’t I say that I’m always available to hear your problems? Tell me, I’m here for you. You could’ve told me anytime, Eric. It hurts when you feel like your love doesn’t trust you enough.” I said, tears coming in my eyes.

“I’m really sorry, Roselle. I can’t hide it anymore, so…” He said.

**ERIC’S POV**