Chapter 32- Twisted

**KARINA'S POV**

The bright light entered my eyes making me squint at it after the eternal darkness we were in. As the door opened, I heard a sizzling noise from the background, the only possible explanation of which could be the Calvins were getting deep-fried and slowly evaporating. I really wanted to get out of this room, I mean who wants to breathe Calvin-scented air?
I looked down at Mrs. Winston and with one last agonizing look at her pale face, I took her engagement ring in my hand. Charlotte deserved to have atleast remnants of her parents, infact she needs to know about this right away. As soon as we get out of this place, I will contact them.

"Let's go girls." Axel said in a low voice. He was probably having a difficult time, but as I said, I think he has grown immune to losing people. Living for a long time isn't all that fascinating, is it?

We slowly moved out of the room and each step was more painful than the last. My body was aching due to the constant survival we had to do so far. If I was a normal human, I would have probably collapsed, I don't know how Katie is keeping up with us. She was panting and staggering but tried her best to keep herself going.

"Are you okay?" I asked in a concerned voice, for a change. I guess I didn't want to lose her too.

"Yes, it's okay." She spoke but I shook my head and kept her hand around my neck. Now we were partially supporting each other as Axel walked ahead of us.

This place was an extreme contrast to what we had been through so far. It was probably a dungeon but somehow it was even brighter than a well-lit luxury room. It had pearly white walls, cream coloured columns supporting the roof, also green veins and grass spread all over. You could mistake it for one of the most beautiful places in Elysium.
"Welcome to my place, kids." A rasp voice echoed in the room and the owner popped out from behind one of the columns. Where did he come from? I don't know but he was fine, like FINE fine.
He had cherry red hair, black siren eyes, a wicked yet beautiful smile with rosy red lips and sand coloured skin. He slowly walked towards with the same mysterious smile on his face, wearing a white robe-like thing, one you would see a Greek God wearing. His walk was perfect, his smile was perfect, his voice was perfect, everything about him was ethereal. He seemed perfect in all aspects, he couldn't be human.

"Oh did you just get bewitched? I'm sorry my magic does that by itself." He said. He snapped his fingers and suddenly he seemed less as attractive, but he was still not human-like.
"You can't be a human and you are too pretty for a monster. Who are you?" Katie asked exactly what was going on in my mind.
"Demigod. Hi, I'm Chester Blanc. son of Hecate." He smiled at us.
"What is a demigod doing here? You are supposed to be on our side, no?" Axel asked, he was just as confused as I was. Why in the world would a demigod be here?
"No. I don't pick sides, I just follow Lord Duke." He replied to us.
"Lord Duke? Why?" I asked. As if to respond to the question, sadness filled his eyes for a matter of seconds which was later then replaced by the same old blank look.
"I carry out the orders given to me, and one of it is to kill you. So either I die or you do." Chester said extending his arms. Just then the grass around our legs elongated and wrapped around our ankles.

"Well well, should I kill you the easy way or the hard?" He asked pacing back and forth in front of us.
"What? You'll go easy on us because you think we are kids? Try me." I challenged him, which I know was an absolutely stupid idea but hey, I never do good for myself, do I?
The corners of his gorgeously shaped lips curled into a sinister smile that seemed like it was mocking us. Jeez, as much as I hate killing pretty people, I need to teach this kid a lesson (He was James' age most probably, you know, 18).
I pulled out of my guns and shot at the grass which winced and retreated backwards and repeated the same to free Katie and Axel. I looked back at Chester who had not a single wrinkle of worry on his face, it was as if he had no fears that we might kill him, which made me more excited to finish him off.