Chapter 30

"M-am-a, angel" a soft tone had Crosshair blinking to see it was Violet who had spoken, he moved from where he stood and kneeled beside his daughter who was pointing at the angel. Her smile brighter than ever before, Crosshair grinned kissing her hairline only to freeze seeing the picture beside it, Queen Serenity was on the Christmas tree. 

"We thought it would be appropriate" Hunter whispered appearing on his other side, Violet turned towards Hunter but instead of screaming in fear she moved over to him and pulled on hair slightly which had him wincing and Crosshair muttering something. Violet only smiled, yanking harder. 

"Violet, let go now" Crosshair warned, Hunter winced as she let go and whimpered. 

"No, don't you dare start. Now apologise to Hunter" Crosshair scolded Violet who pouted when her mother worked out what she was trying to do. 

"Cross, it's fine…" Hunter tried to say only to receive a look from the younger man. Violet had tears in her eyes. 

"No, it's not…Violet, now" Crosshair grunted out. Violet nodded as she turned to Hunter. 

"I'm…sorry…" Violet whimpered out, Hunter sighed, "It's okay, you are forgiven" Hunter whispered eyeing up, Crosshair who was looking off to the side. Hera smiled watching Violet interact with Hunter. 

"Can I…hug, please?" Violet whispered, Hunter could barely nod before the little girl was in his arms and apologising. Hunter rubbed her back holding her close, only to sway. Crosshair sighed as he moved from the room, knowing Violet just needed a push, pain spread through his chest as he jogged up the stairs and found himself in the bathroom. Quickly he did his set of tests before he found himself vomiting into the toilet, a few curse words escaped his mouth.

"You okay?" Wrecker's calm tone had Crosshair turning to see the giant holding some water and tablets which Crosshair took with thanks. 

"Could be better…" Crosshair whispered, yawning into his hand. Wrecker smiled, watching the silver-haired man wash his hands and brush his teeth, once done Wrecker couldn't help himself. 

"Cross…" 

"Hmmm?" 

"I want to say I'm sorry for what has been said and that I really want to be in your life…" Wrecker looked to the side with tears, only for a gentle hand to guide his head towards concerned chocolate eyes. 

"It's okay, I just need to think about it. My brain is a bit confused. I want to be with you all, I do, I'm just terrified to screw it up again. I don't know if I could live without you all and…mmph" Crosshair was interrupted by desperate lips and hands wrapping around his hips, a gasp left his vocal cords as a tongue explored his mouth and searched within. The two had to pull away for a bit of oxygen, Wrecker grinned down at Crosshair who smirked upwards. 

"Don't worry we are scared of the same thing" Wrecker whispered, kissing Crosshair again only for a noise to interrupt them. 

"Wrecker when I said check on Cross, I meant to make sure he was still alive not for you to have the intention to suffocate him" Hunter teased, Crosshair blinked at the bandana man who was leaning against the wall without Violet, which had him frowning. 

"Relax, she's helping Hera and Omega pack" Hunter muttered, "Come" Hunter added, moving down the corridor, Wrecker grinned leading Crosshair towards the room the four lived in. Crosshair smirked watching the way Tech and Echo moved smoothly around each other. He was lifted to sit on the bed while the others flitted around him. 

"Okay, Hera and Omega agreed to watch Violet so we could talk so let's take this opportunity to talk. Cross, are you okay with this?" Echo said.

"That would depend on what this is?" Crosshair yawned slightly as he spoke. Tech smirked from beside Hunter who was making an overnight bag for both him and Tech, the two sharing a bag.