Chapter 7

A week Later…

Hera giggled as she and Omega had finally settled their differences and we're visiting a theme park. Something Hera had never done, she had never been on a rollercoaster but she had zipwired, abseiled and anything that was dangerous with her mother. 

"I'm scared" Hera admitted from beside Wrecker as they went up the lift hill. Wrecker and Tech shared a look, they had Hera in between them, she reached for their hands and they allowed her to hold them while Hunter, Omega and Echo in front looked back. 

"It's okay, you can hold our hands and squeeze them. If you cry it's fine. Tech and Hunter don't really like this ride but they go on it just to listen to Echo complain and try and brave their fears" 

"I'm not scared, I've bungee jumped higher than this, I'm just…" Hera gasped out as she clung tighter to Tech and Wrecker who shared a look over her head as they hung over an edge. "I want mama to be here" Hera whispered as she closed her eyes, Tech held tighter to her hand as they dropped down and everyone screamed. No one knew who was louder through the whole minute and a half but Hunter knew one thing, he wouldn't be able to hear for the next week. 

After a while they stopped doing roller coasters, Hera couldn't do them, she was terrified after Omega had joked about some restraints coming off. So she did the gentler rides which included the Ferris wheel and some racing rides that she totally beat Echo at who just laughed at her. 

"So how come you can bungee jump but not want to go on roller coasters?" Tech asked, Hera shrugged, "I don't know. I don't like the feeling of a roller coaster but mama always helped me through my nerves, so I never felt anything when we went climbing, swinging, ziplining or bungee jumping" Hera explained, Tech only nodded watching her help Omega hook a duck. 

"What's got your thinking face on?" Hunter asked wrapping his arms around Tech who made a face, "Just what Hera said, I'm thinking Crosshair might have given his daughter something to calm her down…" 

"That you would be wrong, I have ears. It’s just mama calms me down, something about him calms me down. I don't think you will understand but he just…" 

"Is a safety for you" Omega interrupted Hera who nodded, "It's okay I get it, those morons don't" Omega giggled leading Hera off towards another ride with Wrecker following. Echo smirked at the two who had become sisters in a week while they were originally enemies. 

"She's missing her mother, what more can you expect. She knows he's doing it for her, but he's also in a warzone. The last thing she wants is to have worries and nerves to deal with without her comfort blanket" Echo explained, leading the way over to the girls who were loving life.

"Are you having fun?" Wrecker asked. 

"Yes!" Omega cheered out, gesturing at the biggest ride in the park that had Wrecker gulping, a drop tower. 

"Yes, thank you for this" Hera said in the politest tone possible. Which had the others smiling. 

"It's not a problem. We wanted to treat you and…Hera, what's wrong?" Hunter kneeled down only to see Hera pointing at a man who was staring directly at them. 

"Who's that?" Echo asked. 

"Uncle Jackson, he's horrible. He hurt mama…" Hera whispered, clinging to Hunter who lifted her into his arms, she sat on his hip. 

"Why does that name sound familiar?" Wrecker spoke out loud. 

"Probably because he's the same twat, Hunter beat up all them years ago when he jumped his brother in the stalls back at that camp we went too. Hera has he hurt Crosshair since then"