Chapter 26

Four Hours Later…

Crosshair smiled down at his daughter's, both of them curled into his sides while he lay in his bed with some obnoxious TV programme on. Not everyone agreed with what he was doing but he didn't care, he knew what his body could handle and it turned out after another scan, it wasn't cancer instead a bacteria was just growing on his heart which was still dangerous. He was now taking more medication which he would need to take for a week and then have another scan. 

A knock on his door had him pressing the alert button unlocking the door to allow the other into the room. 

"Are you feeling okay?" Crosshair could only nod seeing the worried facial expression of his father, yep Fox was living with him. 

"Can we talk?" Fox gestured to the door, Crosshair nodded, extracting himself from his girls who curled around each other as he grabbed a hoodie and followed his father out the room and towards the living room. 

"Is this about my mother?" Crosshair asked. Fox nodded. 

"Yes, her sickness is getting worse and she believes in her best interest that the machines must be turned off. The only reason you are ill is due to genetics and she wants to say goodbye to you, if you are up to it" Fox whispered, Crosshair could only nod. 

"When?" 

"Now, Thorn will stay here with the kids and we should be back in the morning" Fox explained, Crosshair could only nod, he made a hand symbol before he jogged up the stairs, Hera was awake when he reappeared. 

"Turtle, I have to pop out my biological mother, is on her way out. Are you okay to stay here with Thorn if not I can ring one of your dad's…" 

"It's fine mama, Omega is coming around in the morning anyway with father and papa, also why did you tell daddy, I thought we agreed to do it together" 

"You know why turtle and thanks" Crosshair whispered, kissing both their heads before grabbing his phone, keys and a few other bits and bobs. He then left with his father, Fox only squeezed his hand as they climbed into the private jet at the airfield, Crosshair never said a word getting comfortable while slotting himself beside Fox who eyed him up, Crosshair never said a word allowing his eyes to shut and his body to relax after sending a quick text to Kix who definitely didn't respond with the texting which was clearly Jesse with the obnoxious grammar. 

Fox found himself frowning at his sick son, Crosshair had slumped leading to Fox to wrap an arm around him and guide his son to lean against him. It would seem even after all this time apart, Tyler felt safe around him and that was all he asked for. 

Hours later…

Hera sighed watching Violet play with Omega in the back garden. Hunter and Echo had come to pick Hera up only to learn Crosshair wasn't here and Hera wasn't leaving Violet on her own, so the two were stuck until Crosshair returned which didn't take long because the man walked in the door not even an hour later. His face paler than normal as he barely acknowledged Echo and Hunter as he grabbed himself some water. 

"Mama?" 

Crosshair blinked looking at Hera who moved over to his side, "She's with the angels, I need to return but only for a few days. I will take Violet with me so you can spend some time with your dad's…" Crosshair muttered, Hera nodded, "Are you okay?" Hera added, "I will be…turtle, now go have fun while I attend a funeral" Crosshair mumbled, Hera grinned running upstairs to grab her things. 

"Oh god, who died?" Thorn entered the room with a teasing tone. 

"Mother" Crosshair answered confusing both Echo and Hunter, "Not Kix, Queen Serenity, my biological mother" Crosshair confirmed for them.