Chapter 25

Four Long Hours Later…

Kix emerged from the private doors only to come face to face with Rex, Jesse, Hunter, Wrecker, Tech, Echo, Mayday and Violet. The little five year old tucked into her uncle's side while being entertained by Wrecker who played a tickle monster making her giggle. 

"How is he?" Mayday questioned, Kix only sighed, he shifted on his feet. 

"It's not good news and quite frankly I can't release why to any of you as none of you are biologically family due to policies. I'm sorry…" Kix explained, Jesse sighed knowing that would be a problem. 

"But I am…" 

Those three words turned heads towards Thorn who was out of his armour and instead looked annoyed. Beside him was a darker haired man who had chocolate eyes with tanned skin, he wore casual smart clothes and held his stance straighter than the normal. 

"And you are?" Kix said in a blunt tone, Jesse patted his side in comfort. 

"I'm Fox, Tyler's father" Fox introduced himself with an impassive face and dry tone. Kix's eyes widened, he went to say something when Fox waved him off. 

"Okay, please come with me and I will explain" Kix gestured to a nearby room, Fox nodded following him leaving Thorn to guard the door or in his world, hack the vending machine with a simple code. Wrecker smirked watching the guy get some food. Thorn smirked to himself while sharing a look with Mayday who rolled his eyes. 

"So, you must be the batch? The one Tyler talks about a lot when he's up and complaining about life" Thorn muttered, Tech barely nodded before another individual walked into the room and came to a halt beside Thorn who's eyes widened. 

"Commander Cody, been a long time" 

"Thorn, not long I hope" Cody smirked at the man who hugged the commander when he had the opportunity. Cody rolled his eyes at the room, slotting himself beside Tech who cuddled close. 

"How do you know Thorn?" Rex asked, introducing himself when the commander of the Coruscant Guard raised an eyebrow, blond hair covered his face slightly. 

"Oh me and Cody go way back, don't we…" Thorn teased, Cody rolled his eyes. 

"We were in the same squad trained by Jango Fett to protect the royal blood when a couple of years later, I dropped out when I found I was pregnant with Helix and…" 

"Wait I knew I recognised you, your Helix's father…" Tech spoke up, Thorn nodded with a slight grin. 

"I would say don't tell Fox but he broke the rule too, about kids before marriage" Thorn clarified, Cody rolled his eyes. 

"Does Obi-wan know?" Rex turned to Cody who nodded, "Yeah he knows since he didn't enter the picture until after Helix…" Cody murmured, he stopped speaking when the adjoining door opened and Fox reappeared, he looked furious. Thorn didn't even stand up straighter, his brother not saying a word. Tech realised Helix was royal in a sense even if Thorn didn't want the throne, he was still royal. But then again, Thorn wasn't Royal by blood, Thorn was Fox's best-friend, they were basically raised together.

"Mayday, please come with me and will Tech as well" Kix reappeared with Helix who took one look at the room and turned around to head for another direction, Thorn only grinned watching his son leave. 

Mayday nodded, passing Violet to Cody who didn't have a choice but to hold her. Violet almost cried again until she spotted Fox and ran over to him, the king crouched to lift her into his arms, Violet snuggled close to his chest. 

Kix sighed, leading both Mayday and Tech into a private room which ended up being Crosshairs, the younger man awake while fiddling with something in his hands. Mayday immediately moved to his brother's side, Crosshair smiled up at him allowing Mayday to do his paranoid checks.