Chapter 13

Four Days Passed by the time Crosshair returned and he wasn't happy. He looked furious but never explained why, Mayday was alive and awake, that was all they got out of the silver-haired man who then spent a week with Hera, he never explained why but the others never asked. 

Omega stood waiting on one of her parents to pick her up when she spotted Hera walking towards her with a sad look. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Mama got arrested" Hera gestured to a nearby teacher who was watching the two girls. 

"What? How? Why?" 

"That's what I would like to know" Hera murmured just as Hunter and Echo turned up, the two here to pick both girls up. After Tech had to ring them explaining that Crosshair had been arrested by none other than Rex, no word had gotten out why but it only worried Hera some more, especially since she had curled up in Techs arms. 

It wasn't for another hour until a powerful engine parked itself on the drive and an annoyed silver haired man climbed out of it. He was in the process of knocking on the door when Wrecker appeared and opened it. Hera could only look up only to gasp, Crosshair had a busted lip and his head had a bandage on it. 

“Mama!” Hera climbed over Tech’s lap only for Crosshair to wrap her up, he instantly brought her close into his chest and kissed her head. 

“Dare we ask what happened to the other guy?” Echo questioned, Crosshair smirked, “The bastard is at the police station” he cursed, not caring for his language while Hunter and Omega pulled faces, Hera only smiled. 

“Do we ask what happened?” Wrecker pressed, Crosshair sighed. He took a seat on a sofa with Hera in his lap, his eyes searched the room weakly as he frowned. 

“Someone tried to kill Mayday. I don’t exactly know who but I have a feeling to who, so I ask if a woman comes to any of you claiming to be the aunt to Hera, tell her to politely fuck off. Her name is Ariella and as I have just found out from Mayday, is that we had a psycho of a sister who has just been released from her local asylum. She has been spotted in town and Cody believes she poisoned Mayday when he was here a week ago. Leading to his health declining, on top of that the bitch is married to Tarkin, my ex who may or may not be sitting in a jail cell due to a recent fight we just had” Crosshair explained. 

“Language” Hunter mumbled, “Sorry” Crosshair muttered holding Hera in his lap, her hair had lost its colour and needed to be re-colourised which she was quick to explain. 

“Look I can’t promise anything but Hera and I will have to watch ourselves, my family isn’t safe. From the past you would have seen from my biological father, yes he was on drugs but that wasn’t the only thing he was on and the things he did, got him into so much trouble which to be fair I prayed that suicide or some drug would take him out but it didn’t, so I got involved. Not my favourite moment of my life but he deserved worse than death after Caleb. But one thing I did learn is that my family isn’t safe to be around which is why I took my mothers maiden name rather than his name. So Hera should be safe as long as she doesn’t start calling herself a ‘Noxton’, then she should be good. I just want to warn you in case you get any people knocking, I know I said I had finished my mission but if I have to defend this family from those related to me, know that I will continue to do so, even if we don’t get on. Those hosting my daughter deserve the same safety which is why I am going to suggest something but it doesn’t have to happen straight away” Crosshair explained, Hera understood it all while the others took a while to take in the information, it wasn’t that hard to follow but Omega couldn’t help but ask the question. 

“Is your mother still alive?” Omega questioned, Hunter gasped looking at his daughter ready to scold her, all their lives Crosshairs mother had been a topic off limits. They all watched in anticipation as Crosshair thought about it.