Chapter 9

The Next Day...

Crosshair was exhausted but he never voiced his opinion as he took his bloods and checked his levels. He had just got back from the last round of cancer therapy, he had received the best news today and that was probably why he was exhausted but this had to be done.

"Hera, a word please"

His smiling daughter who was feeling a lot better looked up from her project with Tech, her smile almost dropped until Crosshair smiled. Hera moved over to Crosshair, who gestured to the garden.

"What is it?" Hera asked in concern.

"There's something I must tell you and you can't tell anyone" Crosshair whispered, Hera nodded with a grin.

"Tell me please," Hera giggled.

Crosshair only smirked, "You were right..." Crosshair said, passing the letter he had received today. Hera took it only to frown until her face widened.

Reading over the words she smiled: 'Due to catching it early, your heart has fought off the bacteria and cancer cells somehow. The experimental treatment worked. Although you will have to monitor your heart for the rest of your life, we can officially say you are cured and we hope that you live a long life. You will need a few more injections for preventions to your future but we wish you well for now'.

"REALLY!" Hera cried out, Crosshair nodded. He watched tears of joy drip down her face as he lifted her into his arms and listened to her giggles.

"Also, you have been officially adopted by your dads. You have that family you have always wanted, Hera Violet Huxley. I love you turtle"

"Thank you mama. I am so happy!" Hera twirled around in a circle hugging Crosshairs hips.

"What's going on? What's with the shouting?" Omega asked, leaving the house with Hunter, Tech, Wrecker and Echo.

Hera looked back at her mother, Crosshair nodded and made a symbol to answer her other question.

"Mamas cured and I'm officially on paper, we are a family" Hera cried out with joy, the others froze slightly until they pulled her in. Crosshair smirked, pulling his phone out to snap a picture. Until eyes looked up at him and he found himself winking. Hera grinned and then turned to Echo.

"I have a present for you, well mama bought them for you" Hera said with a grin, "We just need to go get them" Hera added, confusing them some more.

"What?" Echo asked, Crosshair rolled his eyes.

"Come, she has a surprise for you" Crosshair muttered, he lifted Hera onto his back with ease. The others had no choice but to follow. Crosshair smirked heading for his car which still needed sorted with the scratched paint and bullet dents in it.

"Where are we going? Please can I sit in the Mustang?" Wrecker asked.

"No, it's Echo's turn and you can ride in Hunter's Car" Crosshair gestured to the car, Hunter was smugly leaning against. Wrecker rolled his eyes but helped Echo into the passenger seat while Hera climbed in the back and Omega got in Hunter's car with the others.

Echo could only give Crosshair a strange look as they drove down the motorway for a good twenty minutes. Hera kept grinning.

"Where are we going?" Echo barely asked the question before Crosshair took a turn off the motorway with Hunter right behind him, they drove towards one of the most known technology businesses ever.

"What are we doing at ForceTech!?" Echo questioned, Crosshair only smirked, bypassing the security guard who waved. Soon the two cars were parked and Crosshair was leading the others with Hera holding his hand into the building.