Chapter 8

Four Weeks Later…

Echo tried not to show pain in his features as he used his wheelchair since his legs were really sore. Hera only smiled at him, offering to drive for him even if he said no, she still wanted to do stuff with him even when he told her to hang with the others. She was always there for him. 

Until she wasn't, something had happened today and now Hunter and Echo found themselves sitting in the police station searching for two people. 

"Dammit, someone get me an answer to where my nieces are now?!" Rex's voice had Echo jumping, he was back in his prosthetics but in Hunter's lap. Tech and Wrecker were nearby trying to search for the two girls who had been snatched in broad daylight, they had barely been two feet away from the others when cars surrounded them all. Guns were fired, Omega and Hera were taken by someone unknown to them but Echo had a strange feeling that they were linked to that guy called Jackson. 

It didn't become more real until two individuals dressed in full black entered the police station, halting all procedures since one was the Marshall Commander of the force police and another was in assassin-like clothing. 

"Oh god, mother" Tech found himself pulled into a hug by none other than Cody, he pulled his son close, "We will find them" Cody whispered, while keeping a strict eye on a silver-haired man who had kneeled down in front of teary eyed parents. 

"Cross, I'm sorry. We tried to….we…" Echo sobbed only for Crosshair to remain impassive, he wrapped the sobbing man up allowing him to cry while he connected eyes with Hunter and Wrecker who wore looks of guilt. 

"I will get them back, stay put" Crosshair whispered, pulling back from Echo who froze as Crosshair got up, he walked over to one of the desks and took over a computer. Rex watched him easily hack into their database. 

"If you just asked, I would have given you the password. Woah…what's that?" 

"Something way above your pay grade" Cody said, whacking Crosshairs arm, the marksman didn't say anything as he logged into a few things before he found something that had him glaring, he knew where they were. Logging out and erasing the data, he turned to Cody, "Permission to leave" Cody nodded, "Permission granted, do what you have to do, you have full access" Cody muttered, Crosshair nodded picking up his dropped rifle, he placed his mask on and left the room which had all police officers confused. 

"We need to set up an area block around these sections…"

"Where's he going?" Rex asked, interrupting Cody, who rolled his eyes. 

"To get the girls" 

"By himself?" 

"Oh, he's not alone. Trust me" Cody muttered as he made sure the police force set up a blockade. He reassured Tech and the others to return home, as he would make sure the girls would get home. 

Elsewhere…

Omega whimpered as she was shoved in a cage beside Hera, the two holding onto one another while the one Hera knew as Jackson stalked around the cage. He was armed with a gun that was bigger than the two of them.

"You can blame Crosshair for this. I can't wait for him to walk through that door just so I can shoot him through the chest and destroy his life by killing his daughters and leaving him to rot. Especially as he destroyed mine by murdering our parents" Jackson sneered banging on the cage making the two girls cry out in fear. 

He laughed watching them squirm under his eyes, "I'm quite glad dad murdered Caleb but then again, I couldn't imagine the pain my brother went through only to lose a kid not even six months old. How does it feel that you will be joining your brother soon?" Jackson sneered at the two who whimpered.