Chapter 24

Meanwhile…

Looking down at the bed, his eyes wandered over to the three children curled around each other while in his hands were two different items. One was a sonogram while the other was a gun, he stared down at both items and dropped one in a bag. His eyes brightened at the sonogram of the little unborn child developing in his stomach. Quietly he left the room with the bag and headed for his car he had arrived in, one that would have to be swapped since he was making an ultimate decision tomorrow and this one wasn’t compatible in taking the children to school.

Leaving a small note on the table beside his parents door, he left the house throwing the bag in the back of his car before he climbed in, quietly he pulled off the drive and headed for one direction and that was to contact his biological parents over something that had to wait a little longer according to their response. With a sigh, he pulled up to his private house, one that was hidden in the woods that led to the beach and airfield, one with security gates. Carefully he parked the car before heading into the house to get changed and do a few things. 

Morning came too quickly for both Jesse and Kix, neither wanted to move from their bed and were quite shocked to wake and smell something sweet in the house. After a shared shower, the two headed downstairs to see Crosshair and Hera in the kitchen, the two cooking breakfast while Violet and Omega sat in nearby seats with pancakes. 

“Easy, almost like that canister game, now flip” Crosshair whispered, kissing Hera’s head when she managed to do it without spilling anything. 

“Morning, want some pancakes?” Hera turned to the two who just entered, Jesse nodded while Kix just walked towards the coffee machine. Jesse grinned at his husband while noticing on the security camera on his phone that Crosshairs car had magically changed shape and form.

“So, what time did you sneak out?” Jesse teased, kissing Kix’s head when the medic slumped down beside him yawning away. The medic was in for a long 48 hour shift before the Christmas break he had booked off. 

“About 05:30. Nausea is keeping me up and so are my thoughts” Crosshair muttered, he took notice of the time and gestured for the girls to go brush their teeth. Violet even went with Hera holding both Hera and Omega’s hands. 

“Do you want some meds for that?” Kix asked, he pressed a hand against Crosshairs forehead which was hot. 

“Na, I’m good. I’m going to drop the kids off at school and nursery and then head back to mine to crash for the day until I have to grab the kids…and…excuse me…” Crosshair jogged from the room as his vital monitor beeped, he ended up with his head in the toilet and three children staring at him, “I’m fine” He waved them off, even if they did give him unimpressed looks, he ignored them and found his green bag, performing the necessary tests, a grim expression fell upon his features at his levels including beat test which was lower than normal but he had to keep a strict eye on it. 

“Mama, we are ready” 

Snapping out of his thoughts, Crosshair stood up and injected himself with the last needle he had. Grabbing his medication file, he knew he had a few more to pick up which he would do on the way back. Heading down the stairs, Kix was missing but then again he was getting ready. 

“Have a great last day at school kids, cause as much trouble for your teachers” Jesse teased, Hera and Omega hugged him while Violet just waved from behind Crosshairs leg, the silver haired man thanking his dad with a quick hug who would pass the message onto Kix when he reappeared. After making sure they were strapped into their car seats, with Omega in the middle. Crosshair took off in the bullet proof Shelby GT500 Mustang, his favourite car. They drove for barely ten minutes until Crosshair dropped off Violet, who was not eager to leave her mother but went once she spotted her good friend. Once he was sure his daughter was safe, he continued down towards the primary school, both Omega and Hera climbed out of the car which had saved their lives.