Chapter 15

Elsewhere…

Crosshair sighed, he couldn’t sleep. One because his body was a bitch and two because something was playing on his mind, it was something that Mayday had mentioned to him about their mother and then when Omega had asked the question, whether she was alive. That had him thinking, the code he was asked to memorise in his military days when read backwards was a five digit phone number. Knowing it off by heart, he rang the number and placed his earphones in to listen to whoever picked up. 

“Hello, Jane Huxley speaking? To whom am I speaking to?” 

Crosshair actually froze listening to the voice, he knew that voice but from where. He recorded it on his phone, when it hung up. He grabbed the medical tablet which was way too advanced and was military equipment, he sent the recording and cross referenced it with the database he had on his system. He watched it try and match with thousands of voices only for it to come clean and when it did, Crosshair almost threw up. He now understood why his mother had left at a young age. Throwing his tablet aside, he stumbled for the family bathroom and found his head to be almost in the toilet, as vomit came up in waves of nausea. He wasn’t aware of another until someone was rubbing his back and a glass of water was given to him. Looking up he saw Hunter who was watching him with concern. 

“You okay?” Hunter asked, Crosshair only nodded, he rinsed his mouth out and accepted the spare toothbrush from Hunter who remained behind him as his body swayed. With a nod from Crosshair, Hunter wrapped his hands around Crosshairs waist and held him steadily all the way back to the guest room where Hunter took notice of the tablet, phone and a few things on the bed. Without saying a word, Hunter moved the objects to the small table and helped Crosshair into bed. He even opened a window to allow some fresh air into the room, Crosshair nodded in thanks, Hunter smiled leaning down to kiss his head and put a bucket beside the bed on the floor just in case, Hunter went to pull away when Crosshair snatched his wrist. 

“Please stay…” Crosshair whispered in such a worried tone, Hunter nodded. The older man knew one thing Crosshair was stressed about something, which led to paranoia, so with a nod from Crosshair, Hunter climbed into the bed behind the younger man who smiled. Hunter didn’t want to push the boundaries but it would seem he didn’t have to because it was Crosshair who moved them closer. Hunter found himself smiling as he wrapped an arm lightly around the new addition to their relationship, Crosshair didn’t say anything as he lay on his left side, he had lost his battle to stay awake and instead slept peacefully in Hunter’s arms. 

Upon waking up, Hunter found the sunlight hitting directly to his face as well as someone breathing softly. He blinked awake, not hearing snoring was confusing for a minute until he realised who was snuggled into his chest, a silver haired young man who had a peaceful expression on his face which was normally twisted into a scowl on a daily basis. 

“He’s beautiful” Hunter almost jumped out of his skin hearing a whisper beside his head, he looked up to see a smirking Echo. 

“That he is but he’s also deadly so let’s not linger” Tech added from the doorway, Hunter smirked patting the bed. Echo shook his head especially when Crosshairs face twitched, Echo and Tech left not knowing what Crosshair would be like in the morning even if they wanted to witness it, they knew one thing Crosshair was a private man. Chocolate brown eyes blinked away only for them to connect with grey eyes which were full of so much love.

“Morning Cross, how are you feeling?” Hunter whispered, keeping his voice low incase Crosshair had a headache which turned out to be true with the way the man winced trying to hide his eyes from the light. Hunter shifted to use his body to block out the light that Crosshair couldn’t be anymore grateful for.