Chapter 16

Together the two managed to pull Tech to safety and take the rope off, Jesse immediately called it in and not even a minute later, Rex appeared after having been on the search for a heavily speeding car which turned out to be the commanders. Rex took in the situation and looked around for any evidence linked to it, only to come across a phone which started ringing as soon as Rex picked it up. He immediately put it on speaker allowing Cody, Jesse and Echo to listen to it. A distorted female voice came over the speakers of the phone.

“Well played, each pawn has its consequences but it would seem this one survived. Let’s see if the other six do, since another pawn survived it’s encounter a few days with Mayday”

Rex froze looking at Cody who held Tech in an upright position, he held his son close. Tech clung to him in confusion allowing his mother to just hold him to hear his heartbeat. 

“Remind my baby brother that the Queen is coming for the King. Tyler will not survive another encounter. He will lose this fight as our mother did, in her retreat, her children will suffer” 

The caller then cut off, Rex turned to look at Cody who shook his head directing his son to the car, Echo climbed in the back holding Tech tightly against his side while Jesse climbed in the passenger side with Cody taking the driver side. Rex nodded, climbing in his car as they headed for two places, one to the batches home, the other to the police station with the same thing on their minds, who was after them all?

Hunter stood at the window of his home, his eyes searching the distance for the familiar car that Kix had found was on police reports regarding a certain commander. It wasn’t long until the same car appeared at the end of the driveway and Echo was holding Tech tightly under his arm while Jesse was holding tightly to Cody who looked more annoyed than normal. He entered the home only to march in front of Kix who looked at him with an eyebrow raised. 

“Wake him” Cody demanded, Kix rolled his eyes rubbing Crosshairs hair, the young man blinked awake only to see a furious commander staring down at him. 

“Crosshair, don’t you dare lie to me. Do you know who’s voice this is?” Cody started the recording, all of them could only listen to it. Hunter tightened his grip on Tech who clung to his lovers. Crosshair frowned sitting up and listening to it, only to pause it. 

“Give me a minute” Disappearing for a second only to reappear with a tablet, Crosshair pressed play while he logged into his tablet. They all watched him press a few buttons as it unscrambled the voice. Ignoring them all, Crosshair basically hacked into a database that not even Cody could recognise as he repeated the recording. Jesse frowned, placing a hand on Kix’s shoulder, the medic looked up only to squeeze it back. For a few minutes the call repeated it until Crosshair received a ping on his watch, looking down at the tablet. Crosshair froze seeing who was staring back at him. 

“Crosshair?” Kix moved slightly only to freeze seeing an older man who was said to be dead had been recently pictured in a city with a brown haired younger woman while a said individual was in the process of taking a seat but not just any nope, Crosshair clenched his fists…as the front door opened and in walked…

“Tell me the damn truth, is our father still alive and did you meet up with him and Ariella?” Crosshair glared at Mayday who sighed, the man looked tired of life. 

“Yes” Mayday muttered, he ignored the room as he kept eye contact with his baby brother. 

“Why didn’t you tell me that father was alive?!” Crosshair grunted out, Mayday sighed. He moved closer reaching for his brother who flinched away from his touch. 

“Because he asked me not to. Look I know what he did in the past was horrific but I am trying to take him down from the inside. He never had a choice in killing Caleb…” Crosshair lunged forward punching Mayday who stumbled back. Hunter launched himself, wrapping up Crosshair who fought back while Jesse helped Mayday to his feet.