Chapter 3

When he next woke, it was to the sound of knocking. He sleepily climbed to his feet and placed his hoodie on only to answer the door to two people who looked at him in surprise.

"Geez, you look like shit. Can we come in?" Echo's teasing tone had Crosshair rolling his eyes. He nodded, moving aside to allow them into his home. He connected eyes with hazel ones, belonging to none other than Tech, the man who was a year older than him. 

"Want a drink?" Crosshair turned to the two, shifting his papers from the table and rifle case. He put them elsewhere. 

"Black Coffee times two please" Tech asked, gesturing at both him and Echo, the two had taken a seat at the kitchen island. Crosshair nodded, moving over to the cupboards. Silence filled the room for a few minutes as Echo and Tech observed the man who hadn't changed much from years ago. Except he wasn't as skinny anymore, instead he had a set of abs that almost made Echo jealous. But the older man wasn't bothered, however Tech continued to watch the silver-haired man who noticed the time and rubbed his nose, grabbing a few tablets, he downed them before turning to the two at the table. 

"It's been a while" Tech whispered, Crosshair nodded taking a seat while drinking from some juice that Echo had spotted on the counter. 

"Nine years" Crosshair muttered, he had his back to the window but was watching the door incase of another who lived with him, his daughter. 

"What made you decide to contact us?" Tech asked, wanting the answer to why now. 

"Hera" Crosshair bluntly replied in a tone familiar to Techs, the man raised an eyebrow. 

"Truth is when I ran I was pregnant. I ran to protect her and nine years later she brought up a topic that I have been running from for years. Her other parent, one that I haven't got a clue to who it is" Crosshair explained, he continued to rub his arm in a nervous look. 

Tech visibly rolled his eyes while Echo remained silent knowing this already. "And?" Tech asked in an amused tone. Crosshair froze slightly only to see the glint of humour in Techs eyes. 

"Hera wanted to meet her other parents and I stopped running and told her, I didn't know who her other parent is because I slept with four, not one. So, I want her to get to know you all and…" 

"He needs a babysitter" another voice joined the conversation, all attention turned to a multi coloured hair girl leaning against the doorframe, she was glaring at Crosshair who bit his lip. 

"A permanent one would be nice" she harshly said to Crosshair who only sighed. 

"Tech, Echo. Meet Hera" Crosshair gestured to Hera, who smiled at them before she glared straight back at Crosshair. The younger man in the room sighed, he watched the way Hera and the other two interacted, a beeping noise on his arm had him freezing. 

"Go do what you have to do. We will still be here by the time you're finished" Echo whispered, Crosshair nodded. He headed for the doorway only for pain to spread through his chest, he ignored it turning to see Hera laughing and smiling with two individuals, Echo and Tech, two he thought he would never see again. 

Heading up the stairs, he found his room. Quickly he removed his hoodie revealing a bruised chest, with a sigh he headed into the bathroom to measure his heartbeat, sugar levels and inject himself with another round of some liquid that they thought would cure his heart cancer. One that Hera didn't exactly know about after he had been diagnosed with it a couple of months ago, all she knew was that he had a weaker heart and had to wear the monitor which he had to check. 

A beeping had him snapping out of his thoughts as the room spun and he found himself slumping to the floor. When he next woke someone was tapping his cheek, he opened his eyes only to see a worried Echo kneeling beside him.