Chapter 23

Immediately Crosshair climbed to his feet and left with her in his arms. He ignored the rest of them, especially his 'parents' in the kitchen and jogged up the stairs to a room he knew he could use, his old room. Opening the door, he moved over to the window and swayed to calm his daughter down who snuggled into him. 

"I know it's hard to get used to people but I need you to put a brave face on, if not for me but for your baby sibling. Violet…I'm here, I'm never leaving again" Crosshair whispered in a gentle tone, the door opened revealing Hera and Omega both of them slipped into the room. Crosshair took a seat on the bed and the two moved over to either side of him. 

"Is she alright?" Omega asked. 

"No, she doesn't like being separated from me" Crosshair answered, exhaustion covering his features. Omega shared a nod with Hera who gently took Violet. 

"Go finish what you were doing mama, I've got her" 

"Thanks turtle, dolphin" Crosshair whispered, kissing their heads before he left the room. Omega grinned at the nickname as Crosshair left with a wink. He was in the process of going to the stairs when a wave of nausea had him in the bathroom, vomit came up and pain spread through his chest. He almost jumped when a hand rubbed his back. 

"It's just me, Tyler" 

The rough tone belongs to none other than Mayday, his older brother. Wiping his face, Crosshair turned and hugged his big brother. Mayday smiled down at him, kissing his forehead. 

"Love you Carlos" 

"Love you too Tyler. I'm here for you and the kids, as I am always and congrats" 

Crosshair smirked, washing his mouth out before he headed down the stairs with a grinning brother. 

"So when do I get to see King Fox again?" 

"He's actually coming up to mine, saying he needs to get away from Coruscant and wants to see the kids where they are comfortable…I know he hasn't been a part of my life but some small part of me, feels like he has and…" 

"You know it's rude to speak another language in front of those who have no clue what you are saying?" Jesse's teasing tone had both Mayday and Crosshair looking up only for Mayday's twins to hug Crosshairs legs. 

"See you tomorrow by the lake?" 

Mayday smugly said, Crosshair nodded patting the twins heads as they ran out the door followed by their dad. 

"Talko?" 

"Always Tyler" Mayday smiled disappearing, Crosshair grinned at his brother's back before turning back to the room. Rex gave him a strange look while Fives hugged him, almost squeezing him to death. 

"So come on, who died?" Fives grinned as he spoke. 

"No one yet" Crosshair grunted out, elbowing the older man who grinned at him. 

"Fancy staying the night?" Jesse turned to his son who could only smile. 

"If you don't mind" 

"Always son, now go relax. Do you need anything from the car?" Kix ushered him to sit down. Crosshair only smiled before a frown appeared on his face as a buzzing in his pocket had him leaving the room to answer it. 

"Are you guys staying?" Jesse turned to the batch. Hunter and Wrecker shared a look. 

"No, not tonight. We have some thinking to do" Echo answered for them all, Omega came down the stairs with a gentle smile on her face which disappeared when she found out they were leaving.