Chapter 29

Tech only nodded, gesturing that he would be a few minutes and returned in more suitable clothes. Climbing into the driving seat Tech found himself smiling at the feeling of the car. Crosshair watched him through teary eyes, damn hormones. He typed in the navigation system so Tech could follow it while he snoozed. Tech smiled driving down the many roads, he couldn't help but hold Crosshairs hand. The marksman snoozed beside him. 

Tech was scrolling through Crosshairs music when he came across a voice recorder. He pressed play unaware of what it was until a video popped up on the screen. Tech unaware that Crosshair was awake, Tech listened to the voice of a much younger Crosshair.

“Look at you two not even a month old and the two of you are so fidgety, it makes you wonder what your father is doing. Say hi to the camera Caleb, Hera. Come on open them beautiful eyes we both know you have hazel eyes, your father would murder me if you took after my strange eyes. There we are, Caleb, Hera speak to your dad's, wave bye bye”. 

Tech froze seeing the little Auburn boy looking at the camera, he was the spitting double of him as a baby. 

"Oh I'm so sorry Crosshair…I wish we were there for you" Tech whispered, pulling up the gate which recognised the car and the gates opened with a screech. Which had Crosshairs eyes snapping open. 

"I really need to fix them…" Crosshair muttered, Tech gave him a smile while squeezing his hand. Crosshair rubbed a thumb over it and watched out of the corner of his eye as Tech's eyes widened at the house in front of him. 

"Woah, how come you have never shown us this one? How many houses have you got?" 

"Two, one of them burned down. This one's a gift from my biological father, it's like a holiday home, it's also where he is, so I best invite him out later otherwise he might murder me" Crosshair teased, Tech grinned climbing out of the car. Crosshair, followed grabbing his green bag, led the way up the drive, taking the keys from Tech who passed them with ease following Crosshair up the few stairs. 

"I will probably sell it or give it to Hera when she's older" Crosshair muttered, Tech only frowned beside him. Crosshair inputted some code and the door opened, squeals had Crosshair frowning. Especially when Mayday appeared. 

"Your home late. I thought you said you would come back here in the early hours. Violet, Hex and Veetch have been waiting on you, wait why is he here? No offence" Mayday turned to Tech who muttered something too silent for the older man to hear. 

"My apologies for keeping you from your life. Your more than welcome to leave" Crosshairs sarcasm had Mayday grinning as the younger man of the three soon found two nine year olds and a five year old latching onto him. 

"I drove him because he's not feeling the greatest" Tech added following Crosshair who gestured for him to do so. Tech smiled at Violet who waved shyly while the boys waved enthusiastically. Tech waved back and then accepted Violet's hand as she led him to the garden where Fox was, he and Thorn were drinking something while watching over the kids running around like penguins. Especially since Helix was here and he was playing with his own son, the little three year old wobbling like a penguin. 

"I see this house is now a free for all" Crosshair grunted out, Fox turned to see his son and climbed to his feet to hug him. Crosshair only hugged back with a smile listening to Fox. 

"So, you must be Tech. Crosshair talks about you all the time" Thorn teased, Crosshair punched his uncle, wishing him well before disappearing upstairs to get changed. Tech remained downstairs since Mayday had given him a look even if Crosshair gestured for him to follow. Tech didn't out of respect and because Mayday terrified him.