Chapter 12

Much Later On…

Wrecker grinned at Hunter, the two had needed a distraction and they certainly got it in each other. As they entered the house they were aware of the eerie silence as they locked the house up and headed for their room only to frown. No one was there. Sharing a look Wrecker gestured to the nearest door. Hunter nodded, they opened the guest room door only to smile at who was on the bed. Echo was curled up with Omega in his arms while in Tech's arms was Crosshair and Hera, the silver haired man tightened his grip unconsciously on his daughter. Hunter frowned, he went to join them when he found himself backing away. Until chocolate brown eyes snapped open and small movement had both Hunter and Wrecker looking at Crosshair, the marksman only passed the two as he grabbed his heart monitor.

"Sorry…I overstepped…" Crosshair muttered, Hera was on his hip as he walked into Hera's room only to close the door in silence.

Hunter and Wrecker shared a look as they picked up their husbands and headed for their own room. It would seem there would be a division in the household for some time. 

The next morning…

Tech couldn't help but cuddle into the slim figure he had fallen asleep holding only to frown as he felt a big heated man instead. Opening his eyes and placing his glasses on, Tech found himself in his room with Wrecker wrapped up in his arms. Wait, didn't he fall asleep in the guest room with Crosshair in his arms? He thought. 

A grunt behind him had him turning focus to Echo who was confused, looking down at Hunter who had Omega in his arms. 

"Where's Cross?" Tech whispered, climbing to his feet and changing tops. Echo shrugged following after his genius partner who found himself opening Hera's door only to find a note on the bed. 

The note read:

'I'm sorry but I don't think this will work. I can't be with you without feeling like cheating. I don't want to upset Hunter and Wrecker, until you all agree this is what you want. I will stay away. Plus on top of that me being away means less enemies. Hera can float in between the two houses. But, I won't. I don't want to pressure anybody. I do want to say a big thank you for looking after me during my health issues. If you ever need anything and I mean it, let me know. It's the least I can do. I know that you are adults and can decide for yourself but from my past experience, both or all in a relationship must agree for it to work and with the two going through the news. It's only right I back away. I'm sorry this is the way it has to be but I don't care much for my happiness, only those around me. I checked your schedules. Hera will be around three or four times a week. You can let me know what the best days are since you have my phone number. 

P.s. I love you all but I am willing to wait but if it's not to be, just let me know so we don't end up wishing for the next war - Tyler'. 

"Oh god…I'm going to kill them" Tech glared at the stairs, Echo could only wrap him up. 

"We will get through this but Crosshairs right, don't tell him I said that, we all need to be in agreement" Echo explained, Tech could only grin. 

"Where's Hera?" Omega sleepily asked only for Echo and Tech to share a look as they explained it. They never had a chance to stop the  feisty blond who stormed out of the room and into her parents then proceeded to yell at the two adults while throwing them the letter. Hunter and Wrecker took it only to pale slightly. 

"You two need to get your heads out your behinds! For years you have protected me! Think for once! Crosshairs has been doing the same with Hera! He already lost one child, there was no way he was going to lose another! Use your brains! Without those shots! Hera would be dead and so would Crosshair!" Omega roared at them before she stormed out.