Chapter 1

"Mama?" 

A sweet innocent voice broke through the thoughts of the mother of the child while they walked through the shopping centre looking at several shops.

"Yes turtle?" 

A colder tone had the multi-coloured hair of a nine year old looking up from where she was holding her mother's hand. Her mother had silver-hair and almost always wore a scowl on his features unless he was with her. 

"Who's my father?" 

"Why the sudden interest, Hera?" 

"Because everyone at school has another parent and my teacher asked where my other parent was. When I said I didn't know, the class laughed at me. The teacher told them off but, I just want to know" Hera said with a grin, Crosshair could only sigh. He knew this question would come eventually and quite frankly, he didn't think he had the answer after his ways as a teenager. 

"I will have a word with your teacher about that" 

"So?" Hera pushed the question after five minutes of silence. Crosshair only rolled his eyes grabbing a few things that he needed off the shelves, Hera continued to give him her puppy eye look. 

"Hera, let's have this conversation somewhere private" Crosshair muttered, Hera rolled her eyes. 

"Don't roll your eyes at me" 

"But you do it" 

"Well you should remember to do as I say not as I do, which is some stupid logic but you should listen to it" Crosshair muttered, Hera smiled holding his hand all the way to the till. 

"Why won't you tell me?" Hera asked as they left the shop and headed for the bank, Crosshair rolled his eyes. He knew one thing: his daughter was stubborn, so much like him, it was scary. 

"Because I'm an adult and I know when not to share information" Crosshair explained, Hera only stuck her tongue out holding tightly to his hand as they walked past several security guards and a few individuals. She recognised one kid around her age from her school, she pressed further into Crosshair who looked down at her. 

"What's wrong?" 

"That's Omega, the one who picked on me several times before her mother died and now she tries everyday to make my life a living hell" Hera muttered. 

"Is that the one where I got called into the school for you punching her?" Crosshair asked proudly, Hera nodded, "Yeah the bullying stopped after that but she is always glaring at me and trying to put her own inconvenience in my direction" Hera said with a grin, Crosshair only smiled, "That's my girl" his mutter had her grinding. "Let me know if she ever causes you trouble because I need something to do even if it includes arguing with other parents" Crosshair whispered. 

"Your terrible" 

"No I'm your mother" 

"Anyway, she has four dads so good luck, I will bring the popcorn" Hera jokes, Crosshair only rolled his eyes as he spoke to the bank person while Hera wandered over to the window. Her eyes landed on a small family, one that consisted of two parents and their child. Crosshair looked up from his conversation to see his daughter staring at a family, he sighed knowing he was going to have to tell her eventually. 

"There you go sir, is that your daughter. She's beautiful" Crosshair only nodded, heading for his daughter who noticed him in the reflection. She was in the process of reaching for him when several individuals broke into the bank with machine guns. 

"Everybody down!" 

Crosshair wasted no time in diving over his daughter and making sure to keep her under him. Hera whimpered into his arms especially when one armed robber aimed a gun their way.