Foggy Future

The yacht was empty. No Tiff. And nothing else of particular note. Brooklynn had found some scratch marks on the ship, and from there, she had a decent idea of what might have happened to Mitch's partner. She let the others know as much. And, expectedly, they were all slightly disturbed but, not distraught.

"Me and Sammy will check the cockpit. Just in case," Darius announced before he and Sammy carefully made their way to the cockpit. It was pretty obvious now that some dinosaur had gotten onto the ship somehow and killed Tiff. The glass was shattered and scratched, debris on the floor.

"The control panel's busted up," Darius commented. That wasn't great.

"And so is the radio," he heard Sammy say from behind him. Well, that ruled out anyone helping. Luckily, they'd decided they weren't going to rely on help immediately after escaping the hunters.

"And, it's almost out of gas," Darius remarked, annoyed. It seemed to be that just as they thought they were safe, about to go home, finally out of danger, something went wrong.

"Are you sure?" Sammy asked. "Did you tap it? They always tap it."

Darius stepped aside as Sammy tapped on the gauge. The hand dropped closer to 0.

"Huh? Well, now we're really sure," Sammy remarked.

"So, we've got a boat. We just can't use the boat."

The pair turned at the sound of Ben's voice. He was at the doorway, still in his jungle attire. He was the only one of them who'd opted to not pick out some swimwear from the shops while they were on Main Street. Darius stepped out, there had to be gas somewhere.

"Ok, the northwest dock is just around that bend. If we can make it there, maybe we can find more gas and whatever else we need to get off the island," he devised, climbing down the ladder to the yacht's deck, Brooklynn following him. As he finished speaking, the doorknob leading to the inside of the yacht began to twist and clatter. Like someone- or something was struggling to open it. Darius's mind raced to the obvious answer. Velociraptor. They could open doors. There were scratch marks. He and Brooklynn backed up, and then the door flung open.

"BOO!"

The two fell and screamed in terror as Kenji cackled.

"Gotcha!" he said, doubling over as he laughed wildly at the pair's reaction.

"Kenji," Brooklynn said in an annoyed tone.

"Not funny, dude! You scared-"

"I know! It was awesome!" Kenji cut Darius off before his laughter continued. He fell back onto the floor.

"You should've seen your faces! Priceless!" he said, continuing his laughing fit on the floor. Darius and Brooklynn exchanged mirroring reflections of annoyance and slight anger (mostly out of embarassment).

"The height of comedy..." Ben bemusedly spoke up, having decided to check out the commotion.

"I'm gonna head back to shore," he said, "Bumpy and I will meet you at the dock."

He walked off as Yasmina asked who'd be driving the yacht, Kenji immediately gloating about his rich status and all that. But besides that, Ben had a real problem. Hearing Bumpy cry out for him as they prepared to swim to the yacht was painful. Real painful. So, he was back to really considering staying with her on the island.

He'd told Darius that he knew Bumpy would be fine. But... that was physically. Emotionally, Bumpy was obviously as attached to Ben as he was to her. And he felt so, so awful for just leaving her. That played on his mind as he swam back to shore, meeting up with the Ankylosaur.