Reunited

"Kenji? You... you're still alive?" his father asked in disbelief. He dropped the tablet, running to Kenji and pulling him into the tightest hug Kenji had ever recieved. The hug he'd longed for his whole life. He couldn't help a tearful smile coming to his face. All these years, he wondered. He wondered if he was a good enough son. He wondered if his dad loved him. If his dad cared about him. With this hug, which he returned, all of that was answered. And it was a resounding yes. When he finally broke the embrace, his dad still kept his hands on Kenji's shoulders.

"I never thought I'd see you again."

"Me too," Kenji replied.

"It is so nice to meet you uh... Mr. Kon, I'm guessing?"  Sammy spoke from behind Kenji. "I'd shake your hand but uh..."

Sammy trailed off, looking around at all the red-eyed BRAD-Xs.

"Of course. Have the BRADs stand down," Kenji's dad instructed Kash.

"Are you kidding me?" Kash groaned before doing what he was told. As all this went down, there was one thing on Kenji's mind.

"Dad... what are you doing here?"

"It's a long story," his father replied.

"Hey, do I know you?"

Kash's gaze was directly on Sammy, and she returned it with a glare. .

"I thought you worked with Masrani. You run Mantah Corp. now?" Kenji asked. He was confused. Why would his dad suddenly take over Masrani's biggest rivals? Especially after what happened to Masrani.

"Yes, Kenji. A lot's changed. I took over at Mantah Corp. after Jurassic World went down."

"So, you're in charge of this island?" Darius asked.

"You're behind the dino fights?" Brooklynn also began to question the man.

"You let him keep Darius prisoner?" Sammy threw out the most damning of the accusations, pointing to Kash.

"You made these death robots?" Ben also decided to question. Everyone piled onto Kenji's dad.

"And were you aware he tried to kill me?!" Mae shouted, referring to Kash. At which point a giant scowl came onto the man's face.

"You did what?" Daniel hissed, a venom in his voice unlike Kenji had ever heard before, as he turned to Kash.

"I did what had to be done," Kash defended his actions. Somehow.

"You were supposed to get things up and running," Daniel corrected, stepping towards the tattooed man. "Not commit murder. Apparently, I gave you too much freedom."

"'Too much freedom'?" Kash laughed in disbelief. "You mean that you were happy to sit back while I did all the hard work. You know what? Forget this. This is my island."

Kash'a angry face shifted to an evil grin. He tapped a button on the tablet in his hand.

"Party time," the man said. The BRAD-Xs suddenly began to close in on everyone, eyes glowing red. Kenji looked around, panicked. The BRAD-Xs opened their mouths, blue electric balls forming inside them.

"Take them out," Kash instructed. Kenji shook his head in terrified disbelief. He'd just reunited with his father, and now, they were gonna-

"Execute override nine-one-six," Daniel spoke in a scarily calm manner, and the BRAD-Xs all shut their artificial mouths, eyes turning.

"You didn't really think I'd give you total control, did you?" he looked to Kash with an unimpressed face. Kash made to back off, now utterly terrified. He only bumped into one of the very robots he attempted to use to kill everyone. In a desperate attempt to escape whatever fate Daniel had in store for him, the man sprinted towards the group, shoving Mae to the ground as she tried to block him.