Ghosts

Things had taken a really bizarre, hectic turn. They were back at camp, but Kenji and Brooklynn weren't there. Neither was Hap. Tiff had pulled Mitch aside for some sort of talk. He couldn't make out words, but it seemed like the couple were in disagreement about something. Darius turned to the others, who shared his confusion. He was slightly worried. He didn't want to concede Brooklynn was right. Not after what she'd said. But he also didn't want her or Kenji hurt. And the latter was much more important.

"That was weird..." he muttered.

"I'm scared- what if he hurt them or..." Sammy worried, not brave enough to continue her sentence. Darius couldn't handle another two friends being dead. He couldn't handle being at fault for 3 of them dying. He had failed Ben... and if not believing Brooklynn had gotten her and Kenji killed, he didn't know what he'd do.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hap had, as they feared, quickly found them. And he was gaining. Brooklynn felt him yank her arm back, and her fight or flight kicked in. She elbowed the man in the chest. It didn't do much, though. She was thrown to the floor, knocking Kenji over in the process.

"I told you to stay put!" he angrily shouted. Their eyes were wide with fear. They had nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. If this guy really was as bad as Brooklynn suspected he was, they were as good as dead.

"You have no idea who you're dealing wi-" he was cut off by his own grunt as he fell to the ground. Someone or something knocked him out. They looked up to see something... someone they couldn't believe.

"Ben?" Kenji was the first to speak.

"What? You've never seen a ghost before?" Ben questioned with a smirk. Brooklynn and Kenji got to their feet, still not believing it. Ben was alive? He was standing before them, it wasn't some dream or weird case of seeing things. This was actually Ben. He looked so, so different. That's how she knew it couldn't be a Dream.

He now wore just  white tank top. His hair was a mess. His shorts were all dirty. He had some blue sweatband on his forehead. But... it was Ben. And alongside him was Bumpy. So much bigger than when they lost saw her.

"Uh... hey," he said, offput by the awkwardness. Kenji rushed over and pulled the boy into a hug.

"How?" he asked. "How? How?"

Brooklynn soon rushed over and also pulled Ben into a hug of her own. Their sentimental moment was interrupted by Hap, who was regaining his consciousness. Ben worked to tie the guy up as he recounted what he'd been through since the monorail incident. Somehow, the kid defeated Toro. Which was impressive. He'd also found them after finding Tiff and Mitch talking with Hap, and that he figured they needed his help. Brooklynn was left speechless. So was Kenji.

"Oh, hey I still have your dork pouch-" Kenji pointed down to his waist only to see that the fanny pack was gone.

"Oh, yeah. I snatched it off of you earlier," said Ben. Apparently he was a ninja now. "But, thanks for keeping it safe."

He picked up Hap's electric prod, remarking to Bumpy that it would've been useful to Toro.

"Ben, focus. The couple, whay exactly did they say?" Brooklynn asked, getting back on track.

"Not too much, but they're definitely up to something. Hap, too. I say we feed him to the Mosasaurus, or the T. rex."

Oh. Wow. Yeah, Ben was very different. The Ben that fell off the monorail would probably recoil at the thought of Hap being devoured.

"Or you could listen to me," the man suddenly spoke. He was now back on his feet.

"You're awake?" Brooklynn asked in shock.