The Monorail.

All of the campers made a mad dash to regroup. The announcer spoke. They had just two hours to make it to the ferry off of the island.

"That's it? No explanations? That's all we get?" Brooklynn asked, exhausted. She'd run more today than she ever had in her life. She and Sammy turned their heads, Darius's panting grabbing their attention. He vaulted over the railing, Kenji following suit.

  "We have to move. The only way we're gonna make it is if we run," he said. Sammy looked back. Yasmina was still clearly struggling.

  "Are we sure that's the best way to get there?" she asked quietly. Yasmina still heard.

  "I'm fine. I competed with a torn ACL. You should be way more worried about Ben and Bumpy," she said. Ben, wheezing, caught up behind the athlete. The resident dork of the group opened up his fanny pack and pulled out a rolled up bit of paper.

  "What we should all be worried about is catching a boat outta here. And, naturally, we have a problem," he told the others, unrolling the paper to reveal a map of Isla Nublar, "we're here. The docks are on the southern tip of the island." He pointed to the southern tip. Indeed, it was a huge distance between themselves and the docks.

  "Even if we ran at peak Yaz speed, there's no way we'd make the last boat out," he said.

  "You don't know that," Sammy countered.

  "Yes I do, I memorized the evacuation plan on the ferry ride over."

  Everyone groaned. Darius was quick to try and lift spirits. He stood as the others sulked.

  "Ok, so we need another way. Um-" he leaped off of the bench and ahead of the group, pointing to the kayaks still in the lagoon, "can we use those boats somehow? Or, send someone to tell the ferry people to wait, or-" Brooklynn cut him off.

  "Or make a few jetpacks real quick? Ohhh, we should befriend a unicorn!" she suggested sarcastically. She let her head drop.

  "Face it. It's hopeless."

  Darius knew he was clinging onto anything when he tried to come up with ways to get to the docks. He knew they were more than likely never gonna make it. But, he couldn't just let everyone lose hope. Then, he'd have failed them. He'd have failed his dad. He couldn't give up. Suddenly, another announcement cut through the brief silence which fell among the group. They heard some rumbling and rushed to see what it was.

  It might as well have been some merciful deity extending a hand to salvation for them. The monorail came into a view. The announcer spoke, and Darius only registered the voice mentioning the southern docks. The group's hopes were suddenly restored entirely.

  "Monorail! What-what?!" Kenji cheered.

  "Hm, nicely played, universe," Brooklynn remarked.

  "Hurry!" Darius exclaimed. They all went as fast as they could to get to the station. Darius waited for everybody to pass him. Ben, Bumpy, and Yasmina were stuck behind.

  "It's nice, having some company back here. For once," Ben panted.

  "I'm fine," Yasmina said, speeding up her steps. Ben began to run again, Bumpy following him. Kenji, Sammy, and Brooklynn headed the group, sprinting to the stairs. Giant grins on their faces, it was like they stared right at that staircase to Heaven. As per usual, though, things weren't that straight forward. Once glance to their rights, they dove back into the small entranceway to the lagoon's seating area. Brooklynn rose to stop Darius as he sprinted forward. She shushed everyone, and the boy carefully peeked his head around the corner. Toro.

  They couldn't back down now, though. This was their chance. He just had to wait to give them the perfect window. That opportunity came when Toro picked up an empty barrel and began to chew on it, now facing away from the six campers. He dashed across, but didn't bolt up the stairs just yet. He took cover behind them, where Toro couldn't see him. He looked back, only to see everyone still hiding away in the entranceway to the seating area. He gave them a confused look, and motioned them to hurry up. They all hesitated, Kenji even shaking his head no.