More Hybrids and Revealed Feelings

The stage was set. The group moved in, succesfully getting past the resting raptors. Darius lowered the rope from the rooftop of the compound. One by one, they climbed up. Brooklynn was the last. And the most nervous. She looked down at the two Velociraptors, and that would be her quite literal downfall. She failed to grab onto the rope and slipped, desperately trying to keep herself up. Unfortunately, her yells of fear woke up the sleeping predators. They sprinted towards her, mere feet away from death.

She was pulled up in the nick of time, helped onto the rooftop by Darius, whom she hugged tightly.

"BRAD, stop," Darius instructed the BRAD-X, which was backing off far too much. He then turned to Brooklynn.

"Good thing you were able to get me voice command for BRAD, here," Darius joked.

"Yeah... real good thing," Brooklynn said. Though, she was clearly shaken. Truth be told, she hadn't gotten much sleep since Darius was taken by Kash. And that in and of itself wasn't the worst, as it happened for way longer back on Isla Nublar. But her constant worrying about Darius made it way worse than it otherwise would be. As a result, she was a lot more shaken by the near death experience than usual.

Darius helped her up to her feet.

"Okay, come on guys. Who knows when Kash is gonna wake up?" he instructed. The group followed Darius into the compound, to an elevator.

"This will take you down to the MedBay. There's a nursery next to it. He's testing the control chips on the baby dinos first thing in the morning."

Brooklynn was almost tempted to pull Darius into the elevator with them.

"What about cameras?" she asked.

"Mr. Genius has been too busy to get the island's camera system up and running," Darius replied. "Message me on the BRAD-X as soon as you get the babies out. Good luck."

Darius disappeared behind the doors, much to Brooklynn's dismay. It did sting that their time together again was so brief. And it did sting that they were seperated again. But at least she knew he was ok for now, and that they got to spend at least some time as a complete group once again.

On the way down, Brooklynn heard Kash interrogating Darius, before asking the BRAD-X.

"The roof," she responded to his question about where he went.

"Uh-huh. And was he doing anything he shouldn't have been?"

"Negative."

It felt good to know they had some control over Darius's fate until they could get him free from Kash.

"Escort him back to his room. Then bring my cold brew down to the nursery. Since the kid woke me up, might as well get some work done."

"Dang it," Brooklynn thought to herself.

"Dude, come on, please don't make me go back to my room," Brooklynn heard Darius plead. "I'm so bored. Can I play a video game or something?"

"You're a gamer?" Kash asked.

"That's how I won my trip to Jurassic World," Darius boasted. "I'm kinda... awesome."

"Doubtful," Kash responded, and Brooklynn could hear the elevator doors open from the tablet.

"That's cool. Most of my friends were scared to play me, too," Darius challenged.

"Who said I was scared?" Kash asked. Brooklynn heard the man stop the doors from closing. Brooklynn snickered. Darius was seriously special. He succesfully convinced Kash to play against him in a game instead of go down to the MedBay. Which gave her and the others the time they needed.