Chapter 33

*harpers pov*

I had to. I just couldnt take knowing how much danger i was putting everyone in. I couldnt handle knowing how much i was making them worry. But now... theyre even worse because... it didnt work.

Again. It didnt work again.

I sat there in the hospital bed doctors, nurses and therapists had been and gone multiple times. But on the last visit they brought me a phone. Not mine but one i could call someone off of. And i knew exactly who to call.

"Hello?" I say quietly

"Sophie if this is you again i swear to god-" he starts.

"Chris stop!" I say gulping knowing my ex bestfriend was causing worry through my current best friend. "Its harper" his end of the call stayed quiet. "Chris?"

"Hi" he whispers "im sorry"

"Sorry for what" i ask

"For everything" he says

"Chris you havent done anything. Well... i guess you did but nothing to lead to this." I reassured him.

"Im still sorry" he breaths

"I know. But i have a question" i say preparing myself for his response.

"Yeah?"

"Why havent you visited? Are you mad?" I ask sheepishly

"No H of course im not mad. I just feel like its my fault. The first time i shouldve helped this time i tried to but you still ended up back there. And you... you tried to-" he rambles before i cut him off.

"Chris? Did jay tell you about what happened in georgia?" I say hesitantly

"Kind of"

"For fucks sake" i huff "listen chris i promise that im okay now and there is no need to worry about me just think of me how you did before please"

"Harper" the full name "youre not okay now. You are literally sat in a mental suite because you tried to do it again. I just- i couldnt see you like that. But i have been planning" this left me so confused

"Planning what? And how do you know why im here?"

"The doctor told us. Me and jay why" he took a breath. "Ive been planning a surprise for you. When you get out."

"Can you come visit?" I ask in a vunerable tone.

"Has anyone visited today?" He asked.

"No. My brothers cant today because of school and jay finally got a job. Matt and nick have things to do and your parents are busy on a date or something today." I say letting out a sigh.

"Okay ill be over in about an hour and ill stay over with you. Yeah?" He answers before a doctor enters my room.

"Your time on the phone is up" he says reaching his hand out for me to place the phone in it.

"Two more minutes" i pleaded. He nodded and waiting outside of the room. Then i go back to chris. "I think a sleepover with my best friend is what i need right now"

After the doctor took the phone back i sat there for an hour on my own watching the tv and staring into space and thinking about my conversation with chris.

That was the most normal conversation i have had where i spoke about this situation. I love the way he does that. He knows how to make an uncomfortable topic comfortable to talk about. I love the way he comforts me and the way he smiles. His eyes are my second favourite feature though the crystal blue that, although they look cold, they could warm up a frozen lake. My absolute favourite feature of his is his laugh. Its so contagious and warm. I love his scent and his messy hair, especially his messy bed hair. He may just be my best friend but he is the most beautiful creature to ever walk on this planet and i am so lucky to have him by my side. I feel sorry for people who dont have a chris. Hes my favourite person ever.

What. The. Fuck. Am i in love right now?

Ah fuck it. Its chris sturniolo who wouldnt be in love with him.

A/N
Hey so short chapter i will make it up to you guys by making the next chapter longer. Ty for all thr support ilysm.