Chapter eleven

*harper's pov*

By the time the ambulance had arrived, Chris had woken up and Matt and Nick had gotten out of the shock phase and Jay had also calmed down a bit. The paramedics had told me everything i did for Chris helped a lot and all they had to do was check his pupils and some other little things. His eye was swelled and the paramedics called for police backup as it was assault even though i begged them not to.

"So who assaulted him?" The officer asked me.

"I- i was in the other room i'm not sure"  i stuttered

"It was him!" Matt began to raise his voice and points at Jay

"Is that true, sir?" The officer began to walk over to to where Jay was still sitting.

"MATT!" I screamed at Matt. "What the hell? Why would you do that?"

"So I'll take that as a yes" The officer began to take out his handcuffs.

"Wait!" I stood up and got in between Jay and the officer. "No no. I can solve this" i point over to Matt "your not pressing charges, right?"

"Can i talk to my brothers about this?" Matt says grabbing Nicks arm and walking over to Chris. The paramedic had left a while ago as Chris seemed ok, but advised us to take him in if anything was off.

The triplets were whispering for a while. Nick nodding his head every so often and Matt shaking his. Chris had tried to stand up multiple times but Matt and Nick sat him back down. The officer, at one point, gave me a side eye for how long they were taking. So i decided to go over to help their decision.

"What's taking so long? Just punch Jay back" i say looking at Matt

"Woah hold on there. I don't know how hard this kid punches" Jay said pointing at matt. The police officer glared at him.

"Dude you knocked out his brother it's the least i can offer" i say back

"I'm not gonna stand here and let you offer me out like i'm something to sell. His brother deserved what he got. Well maybe not that bad but still its his fault" jay defended his actions.

After a while of arguing back and forth Matt agreed not to press charges and the police officer left. Matt punched Jay but Matt's not a fighter so i had to look after Matt's hand instead of Jay's face.

Jay had left about five or ten minutes later because he was clearly not welcome there. We had moved chris to the sofa and nick, matt and i were all sat around the island in the kitchen.

"Do you know whats going on with him?" Matt asked me

"Not a clue but he said to me last night that it had something to do with the conversation you guys had last night" i say, straight after freezing hoping Matt didn't click on that i might of heard their conversation.

"Oh. OH" matt had realised something and he walked out of the room and into where chris was sat watching tv.

"Nick" i say looking at him in the eye "do you think i caused this?"

"Not a chance harps" he said also standing up and heading the way matt left. He stopped and turned to me "come on we can watch a movie"

I got up and followed him into the living room. I sat in between matt and nick as i was clearly unwelcome near chris. They had decided on a movie so we were all just watching peacefully.

After about two hours the movie had finished. Matt and nick had left for different reasons. Nick needed to edit and matt went to the bathroom. Leaving me and chris alone.