Chapter 29

*harpers pov*

I took my phone out of my pocket. The caller id was anonymous. So i answered it.

"Hello?" I say as i walk down the street towards my house, also trying to hold back tears since i just spilt like my biggest secret to basically everyone i know.

"Hi harper" the voice on the other side of the phone dragged out my name.

"Who is this?" I question them

"Youre best friend" they state

"Chris?" I say not even thinking

"No stupid its sophie" they respond.

*chriss pov*

"Were you like never going to tell us?" Matt and nick were now interrogating me about what they had heard.

"Its not my business to tell you" i say getting mad at them.

"You couldve told us that you noticed" nick says.

"Oh yeah and put her in a position that will make her feel like she has to tell you whats happening? No nick sometimes she doesnt feel comfortable sharing somethings with you like she does with me and vice versa like you know her love life inside out where as i dont have a fucking clue and she tells matt when shes upset and not feeling straight and stuff she tells me somethings that she feels would make your friendship awkward or make you pressure her into stuff. She tells me her deepest secrets which i dont share with you because thats her business." I shout at them.

"Chris" matt says softly "i knew about it" he adds sheepishly

"What?" I question him

"Yeah she slipped up about it a few months ago"

"MONTHS?!" I scream "matt why didnt you tell me? Is this my fault?"

"No chris and like you said she told me because she didnt feel comfortable telling you so i couldnt tell you" matt says not raising his voice.

"No matt if its something serious regarding harper you always tell me. Okay?" I say pointing my finger at his chest.

"Bro calm down we were working on it and she got better. She didnt want to bother you with it if she was getting better. There was no need for you to worry." He says removing my finger. "But she didnt tell me this time. Im actually worried this time. She came to me straight away last time and was scared for her health but why hasnt she this time."

Suddenly we hear the front door open and shut. Our parents were out shopping so it couldnt be them they havent been gone long.

"Matt?" We all hear a voice from downstairs.

"Yeah" matt says as he leaves the room nick and i following. We all make it downstairs to see matts 'friend' sasha and harper in the kitchen. "Hey sash havent seen you in a while" he hugs her. "Harps whats up?" He notices harpers state. Her eyes were red and puffy. She had just been crying.

"Sophies back in boston" is all she says before i leave the room.

I dont know why i left but i didnt want to see her like that about sophie. But i did want to know why she was there. I grab my phone out of my room before i got a call.

"Hello?" The caller id was anonymous.

"Hey chris" the voice on the other side elongated my name.

"Who is this?"