Chapter 28

*harpers pov*

As i woke up, i could smell the familiar scent of the triplets house. More specifically chriss cologne. I tried to open my eyes but the bright sunlight prevented it. When i finally opened my eyes i was staring at the ceiling as it was spinning a circles. Once it had slowed down i attempted to sit up. But something was laying ontop of me. More like someone.

"Chris get off" i groan as i try to push him off.

"No youre comfy" he hugs me tighter and cuddles into my chest.

"Chris i-" i began to ask him to get off of me again but a sharp pain ran through my skull. "Ugh" i groan and hold my head.

"Whats up?" Chris lifted his head up to look at me.

"Headache!" I say holding my head tightly with my hands. "Ahh chris get off me" i shoved him off this time it worked.

"I told you! You get cranky when youre hungover" he shrugged and left the room.

"When did he tell me that?" I ask to myself. After about two minutes he returns to the room with medicine for my headache and water to wash it down. "Thanks owen" i smile to him.

"Youre welcome H" he smiles back. The brightest smile he has had for a while.

I take the medicine and lean my back against the head board and chris joins me.

"Chris?" I say breaking the silence.

"Yea?" He responds

"Why did you go along with her?" I ask "i know what she did to you but was there no way out? Like couldnt you tell me we couldve worked around it."

He stays quite for a minute "im sorry for how i treated you harps. I reget it i really do. But i didnt know what to do. She basically had me trapped. I didnt want anything bad to happen to you so i thought distancing myself would make that easier for mine and jess's relationship as she wouldnt have 'competition'. She was jealous of you. She didnt want you near me and she told me that if you kept acting the way you did then she would hurt you. I didnt want that to happen so i distanced myself. I thought it was the better option. But i went about it wrong. Instead of distancing myself i turned against you which is something i never wanted to happen. You are my best friend H and i understand if you still need time before i can become yours again but you are my favourite person and i love you so much i feel like my life was not complete without you. While i was pushing you away i was also pushing away a piece of my heart. The truth is i couldnt choose between you and jess. At the time i thought she was a great person and i thought i felt something for her but she was not the one for me. And i knew that. But i couldnt choose you because if it didnt work out then not only would i loose the girl of my dreams but also my best friend" i look over at him to see him already looking at me. "No matter what happens our friendship will always come first"

"Chris. What do you mean 'girl of your dreams'?" I say my face was expressionless.

"You. I like you H a lot more than a best friend should. But if you dont feel the same then i understand because of everything i put you through. I want you no matter what so if you want to be friends then we will be the bestest friends in the entire universe" i was lost for words.

"Im sorry" i say before i get up and leave. What the fuck are you doing? Get back in there and tell him you feel the same. Turn around. Turn around. The voice inside of my head scolded me as i ran into matts room. He was sitting on his phone and as i walked in he looked at me.

"Whats up harps? Hungover?" He joked

"Chris just confessed to me" i say not making eye contact.

"What?" He asks me confusion clear in his voice.

"Yeah i think so" i stare at the ground.

"What did you say?" Realisation hits me.

"I said im sorry and came here" i say with a '😬' face.

"HARPER WHAT?!" Matt yells.

"Shhhh i dont know what to do i wanted to talk to someone first" i shrug and sit on his bed.

"About?" He urges me to continue.

"Would it be a good idea to go through with something like this? Like what if it doesnt work out? Would i just have to forget what he had treated me like?" I question matt.

"See now if your asking me i would say follow your heart. But if you were to ask jay he would not be happy about it so it depends on who you feel like listening to" matt tells me

"No jay wouldnt not be happy with it... he would show up and the door almost kick it down and storm up to chriss room and nearly beat the shit out of him because of how he treated me and now he wants me like its confusing so jay would want to take his anger out. You know." I stand up and get ready to leave.

"Harper please do think about it though. Hes spoken to me about it before he really likes you. But i also told him something similar to this would happen." I nod to matt before leaving his room.

There i find chris leaning on the opposite wall. "Hold up" he says as i try to walk past him. "We didnt finish our conversation from the other day"

"What conversation?"

"Follow me" i follow him into his room and we sit down on his bed. "Why werent you eating? Wait have you eaten since the strawberry?"

I look at him hoping he cant read my expression "of course i have eaten chris dont be silly" i stand up to leave.

"I can tell when you lie H. Sit" he grabs my wrist pulling me back to the bed.

"Im sorry" i say not making eye contact.

"Why havent you eaten?" He asks his face shows nothing but concern.

"I dont know. I feel weird and i feel like eating is making it worse. When i look in the mirror i feel disgusting and i dont want other people to see me like that aswell. But when im not eating my stomach is flatter and i feel like k look so much better. It feels strange but it gets addicting" i say not even looking towards him. But him being there had also made me spill my thoughts, stupid best friends shit "im sorry"

"Don't apologise. I dont see you as disgusting if it means anything. I think youre the prettiest girl i have seen in a while." He says acting as if he didnt just say the nicest thing anyone has ever said.

Suddenly we hear a noise by the door to his bedroom we both turn and see matt and nick standing there. A shocked expression present on both of their faces. Shit they heard the whole thing.

I laugh nervously before saying "how long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough Harps" matt says softly.

"Fuck" i whisper to myself. "I need to go home." I say getting up to leave. I walk past all of them and leave straight out of the front door.

But then my phone rings...

A/N
Heyyy so how are we liking ittt honestly my mind is going blank by the second so if its getting boring then that is probably why but i will try and finish this book before my mind goes completely blank. 🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻 ty for all the support guys