Chapter one

*harpers pov*

It was an early summer morning. August 1st to be exact. And my birthday was right around the corner. My siblings and i have been planning on moving since i was 10. Now im 15.

My parents arent the nicest of people. However, they have a favourite, me. I only know this as they don't treat me like they treat the others. My siblings have a curfew at 8pm, they can't stay at friends houses.

I have a lot more things I can do. I can meet friends at the middle of the night and my parents can know they don't mind. My brothers think because im the only girl that is why i have more opportunities. However, if my friends are busy and my brothers are visiting their friends for an hour, my parents have no one to torture but me. They let their anger out on me and sometimes it gets physical.

However, recently I've learnt how to stand up for my self and fight back. I'm currently teaching my brothers how to do the same.

My older brother caught on and my parents kicked him out. He wasn't the brightest of people so he had no money saved so I let him into the shed after my parents went to sleep. He said he was ok for food and didnt need my help so i believed him.

I was 12 then so even i had no money. As soon as i turned 13 i got a job and work every day for five hours. I saved some of my money to buy a house and some to buy a car and to get my license. The rest i spent on myself or my brothers.

I woke up to the sun against my face. As soon as i sat up my brothers ran into my room. They're only young so i dont mind. Whenever they are in my room they have the biggest smiles.

I check my phone to see it was 10:49am I've slept in, I wasn't working today but i had plans with friends. Just like every morning i unlocked my phone to check famous birthdays. I saw two boys who looks a lot alike 'Mattew sturniolo' and 'Christopher sturniolo'. I have never heard of these boys before. Twins! Now that's pretty cool i cant lie. They were 16 today same age as me soon.

I got my brothers out my room and turn my phone onto silent. I hoped into the shower then began to get ready.

Suddenly my phone started to ring. It was my best friend, she was moving with us but we hadn't decided where to yet. We FaceTimed for an hour until she showed up at my house. We had been friends ever since we were little. She was the pretty friend. Sophie. I love her to bits but she does get on my nerves. When a boy shows interest in me she has to ruin it. I dont know how but she does it.

We were sat on my bed then i told her about the twins i saw on famous birthdays.

"I dont really care about boys right now girl. My cousin likes my boyfriend and she wont stop talking about it" she falls onto my bed.

"She doesn't know that you guys are together though-" i give her a side eye

"YES BUT I THINK HE LIKES HER TOO UUGGGGHHHHH" she throws her hands onto her face

"We should look at places to live now." I say changing the subject

"Ooooooo yes please" she sits up next to me

"Boys get in here" I called my brothers and they came runnning into my room. I opened my laptop and search up the house website.

"So where do you guys wanna live?" I look down at my brothers

"My friend said that he went to Boston last year for a week because his mom had a work thing there and he loved it" jack, my youngest brother, shouted but quietly so our parents wouldn't here him.

"Ok we can check it out" i search in Boston and found a cute house with five bedrooms one for each of us. Me,jack,ben,Sophie and jay. I kept on looking until i found an even cuter and more homey house with six bedrooms which would mean there is a spare.

We debate on a few houses for a while and i even text Jay for his opinion, but he doesn't really care as long as he has a roof over his head he's happy. After about five minutes we decide on the six bedroom house. I put down a deposit and Sophie sent me some more money to buy it completely. Then i went onto the car website and i bought car that was the nicest i could buy and had enough seats for all of us. I bought everything in my brothers name since he was 18.

Today was my birthday, my car was at the shop ready for me and my brother to pick up, the house was ready for us to move in we got decorators from my brothers friend to decorate how we wanted. All the furniture was there and food was ready in the fridge.

Today, august 3rd, was the best day ever. I went down stairs see balloons and presents. My brothers were right behind me and i heard a knock on the door, jay, i ran to open it and he hugged me. Both my parents left the room as the didnt want to see him or be anywhere near him.

I open my birthday cards and let jack and ben open my presents. Which was clothes and shoes, i put them into my box of things. Jay stayed in the living room and i got all of our boxes into the car.

Jay already had his drivers license i was able to spare some money for the tests and it turns out he's not too bad under pressure.

Our parents didnt know that we were leaving so while the boys got into the car i wrote a note to tell them we were going, not where we were going though because we now wanted nothing to do with them.

We went over to Sophie's house and she put her box into the trunk and sat in the back with the younger brothers. And the trip began.

We travelled for hours and hours playing road trips games and singing most of the songs we knew on the radio. You would here at least one person complain for food or Sophie complain about her cousin and boyfriend.

Eventually we arrived at the house. It was beautiful. It had a vibrant green lawn and a cobblestone path leading to the front door. The window were crystal clear and the garage was spacious.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and i hope you enjoy the rest of the book :)
Btw im not great at writing so if you have any tips please let me know how to improve.