Chapter five

*harper's pov*

The next day i went to work. I chose the cafe job it was only a five minute walk from my house and my brothers didnt want me too far in case anything happened. It payed good and the only dress code was nothing too 'revealing'.

I put on a white top with a cute black heart in middle, it was hot out so i put on a plaid mini skirt, but not too mini because you know dress code. I put on some natural make-up like everyday and put my hair up into a messy bun. I got my things and put them into my bag i said my good byes and went on my way. As i got to the end of my driveway i saw some familiar faces. Famous birthday boys. But again it was just the two of them.

"Hey boys what you doing here?" I was looking around for nick

"Nick's at home." Matt said looking at my confused face

"We're here to walk you to your new job. And to get to know you better since we've only known you for like a day and already save your from your toxic best friend. So we thought we should get to know you anyway." Chris said as we started to walk towards the café.

"I mean i guess but-" i started

"Don't worry you told us before you've never had proper friends except Sophie but then again she wasn't really that much of a friend. But we can teach you how to have proper friends." Chris interrupted me.

"Ye i guess but why are you walking me anyway i can walk by myself you know." I added

"We're your friends now you can't get rid of us that easily" matt said chuckling

We carried on walking while making small talk and we quickly got to the cafe. I walked inside and was greeted by a boy behind the counter.

"Hey what can i get for you?" He had blonde fluffy hair and piercing blue eyes.

"Oh- i- uh-" i started stuttering.

"She's here for here first day of her new job" Chris cut me off and put his hand onto my shoulder.

"Oh you must be harper." He said with a smile. "I'm Kai. Follow me back and we can get you started."

"Good luck kiddo" matt said from behind me.

I followed Kai and got my apron and he showed me how to serve and how to work the register. I finish the 'tutorial' and i was feeling ready to start, i was put onto the register. My first customers were my favourite boys. My brothers.

"What can i get you guys" i said smiled as they chose what they wanted.

"Coffee" ben said

"no" i reply and Kai overheard and came over when they went to go take a seat.

"Hey harper" I heard from behind me, so i turned around.

"ye?" I look up over at Kai

"You cant be telling the customer what they can't and can have unless we dont serve it or something like that" he said with a giggle.

"Oh no they're my brothers" i say while laughing too.

"ohhhh ok then im sorry just didnt want you driving away customers" he laughed nervously.

I turned back to the register to see some more customers and i put in their orders and they went to go and sit down. Then no one showed up for a few minutes, so i spoke to Kai for a few more tips and some small talk. Then i heard the bell ring meaning someone has just walked in.