Chapter 21

*harpers pov*

This morning i was hanging out at the sturniolos house. I decided to get ready early meaning i had to wake up at 730am. I woke up and got a shower, a very needed shower. Matt, nick and i were all going to the movies later but were planning on hanging out for about an hour or two before. I applied a little makeup and dried and styled my hair. I put on my outfit and shoes then left the door. I was about 9am by the time i left and the triplets house was about a 30 minute walk so i put my airpods in a listened to music which made the walk feel faster.

I turned up at the house at 930 and knocked on the door. The movie was at 1130am so we had an hour and a half before we had to leave. Anyways after about two minutes nick opened the door.

"Heyy nick! How ya been?" I say walking in with him.

"Could i talk to you?" He says sitting at the counter.

"Of course! Whats up?" I say standing across from him and leaning on the counter.

"Well-" he starts but chris walks into the room.

"Sup" he says to us. Chris sat next to nick and in the light i swear i could see a dark circle around his eye. Not because of lack of sleep but it looked like a bruise.

"Chris what happened to your eye?" I say. His head whips up to me and denys everything.

"Oh its nothing. Why do you care?" He says.

"What do you mean why do i care?" I say giving him a confused look.

"I mean why tf do you care about me when i couldnt give a fuck less about you. Can you just get the fuck out of my house?" He says leaving nick and i shook.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" i say putting my hands up.

"Oh fuck off harper" he rolled his eyes a left the room.

"The fuck did i do to him?" I ask nick. He just shrugs his shoulders and then matt enters the room.

"Hey harps! By the way chris is coming to the movies with us." Matt says opening the fridge and getting out a root beer and a dr pepper for nick and i.

"Maatttt" i whine "whyy"

"What i thought you didnt mind him anymore" he says

"I thought i didnt but everytime i try to be nice the bitch shuts me down and turns on me" i say and roll my eyes at the end.

"What happened now?" Matt asks and i tell what happened before he walked into the room. "Okay well can you pretend it didnt happen while we go out please" he begged me

"I can but if he says anything then im not going to keep quiet" i say crossing my arms.

"Fine. Ill go talk to him" he gets up and leaves.

"Anyway what did you want to talk to me about?" I turn back to nick.

"Ill tell you later" he says

"Okays well want to hang out in your room." I ask him

"We cant its a mess. Lets go to matts"

We both head up the stairs when we hear arguing from chriss room. We both give each other a look set out things down in matts room and head over to chriss room.

"No i dont get why your so mad at her she hasnt done anything" matt says as we enter.

"She hasnt done anything? What about my blackeye matt? Huh? Did you forget about that? Did you forget how she turned on me?" Chris defended himself

"I didnt turn on you chris you turned on me. Its your fault for what my brother did as you told him what happened and did you notice when i told him all you got was a slap. I havent done anything. You have. And its because of your bitchy girlfriend." I say then cover my mouth realising they didnt know nick and i were in the room.

"Where the fuck did you come from" matt says not even commenting on what i just said.

"I dont have a fucking choice harper. Dont any of you understand that? I have a girlfriend and she doesnt want me to have and friends who are girls, so i have to respect her wishes, dont i?" He says nick looks angry and matt looks shocked but i dont know how to feel.

"Chris." I say trying to change the mood.

"What?" He says sternly, and through his teeth.

"Do you want to have friends that are girls?" I ask him

"I dont know" he responds calming a bit

"Let me rephrase that. Do you want me as a friend?" I look at him and he starts fidgeting with his fingers.

"No" he replies. My heart breaks and i run out of the room and lock myself in the bathroom.

Tears are running down my face and i try to control my breath. The noise of matt knocking on the bathroom door is drowned out as i go into one of my episodes.

*matts pov*

As im knocking on the door i can hear muffled tears and her breathing getting heavy.

"Chris look what youve done now" i say shouting to chris in his room. "Harper please open the door" my voice lowered.

"What did i do?" Chris walked out of his room seeing me knocking on the bathroom door to try and get harper to open it. "Matt? Please tell me your can still hear her" he says walking over to stand with his ear against the wall "fuck" he runs into his room and grabs a coin and uses it to unlock the door.

He rushes in and picks up her unconscious body and walks out of the room and into his own. He lays her down on the bed and calls her brother.

"Hey jay please come over i know you hate me and everything but your sister has passed out and we need you here we dont know what to do" he says which jay agrees to come over and they hang up the phone.

"Chris?" I say looking at him confused.

"What matt"

"What are you doing?"

"Im helping her. Cant you see that? I do want her as my bestfriend again but i cant while im with jess... its too complicated to explain matt thats why its better if we stay as we are"

"Better for who?" I ask him i look him directly in the eyes

"Better for the both of us?" He even questions himself

"You dont believe that. Its better for jess not for you. Not for harper."

"I guess" he admits

"So why are you doing this then? Break up wth her she sounds controlling"

"You don't understand matt. Its. Comp. Li. Cated." He then walks out of the room and downstairs to wait for jay.

A/N
Hey people more and more people are reading this book and i love it and i hope you love it too.
I didnt proof read or anything so sorry for any mistakes, if you cant understand anything please let me know.