Chapter six

*harper's pov*

It has been a few years since i moved to Boston and this was the happiest I've ever been. The triplets and i decided to have a joint 18th birthday party on the 2nd of august and we have honestly became inseparable.

If i wasnt at theirs they were at mine. They have been blowing up a lot recently on social media but i have decided not to show my face on their channel yet because i feel like i will just get hate for being their friend.

I saw the comments from when madi and Alahna showed up and i just dont think i could do it. The boys understand but still try and get me on camera.

"Hey harps do you think you could be in the video this week?" Matt said sat across the couch from me.

"How about-" i started

"Yes." I felt the couch next to me dip. "You are showing up in the video this week the fans wanna meet you" chris said as he put his arm around me.

"What do you mean i told you guys not to talk about me" i said looking at chris with a stern look.

"Well- i- hmm" chris stuttered. "I might of mentioned you infront of the camera last week"

"CHIRS!!!" I shouted punching him in the stomach to which he curled over. 

"I'm sorry but after i heard you talking to matt the other night i just had to tell them about you" he defended

"What do you mean which conversation? which day? and what time?" I looked at him and he had the most confused look ever.

"How often do you guys have these private conversations" his look changed from confused to kind of mad? I think. I'm not good at deciphering emotions. 

"Very" matt said looking up smiling.

"What about me?" Chris said trying to look upset.

"What about you?" I said moving over so that we were all sat up and i was between them.

"You never have private conversations with me" chris said trying to do puppy dog eyes

"We always have private conversations. We have the best private conversations. The late night ones. We talk for hours on end. I dont do that with the others." I said moving closer to matt.

"Erm excuse me get back over this side" chris pulled me back over to him so that i was currently laying my head on his chest. "I guess we do have the longest conversations but we dont talk like you and matt do. You guys talk about the future and you guys talk about your private life's and all that. But i feel like i dont know about your home life that much. Well when you didnt live here."

"Chris" i whispered "neither does matt he asks and tells me about his private life but i lie about mine"

"What." Matt said coldly realising hes been lied to.

"Matt i-" he looked so upset and got up off the couch and up to his room. "Ugh chris i hate you"

"What did i do?" He had kind of a smug look on his face.

"You got so bothered and brought it up infront of matt instead of waiting till tonight." I slightly pushed him.

"u staying tonight?" He said taking out his phone and not paying attention anymore.

"Of course, and dont change the subject" i stood up and went after matt. As i reached his room i saw a light at the end of the hallway in Chris's room. I thought nothing of it and was going to check on it later. I knocked on matts door.

"Who is it?" A muffled voice asked from the other side of the door

"No one?" I say putting my hand onto the door handle

"Go away harper" ouch he never calls me harper. It always 'harps'.

"Matt" i say trying to convince him to let me in

"go. away. harper." Again with the full name.

I just opened the door and sat on his bed. He had his face into his pillow and his phone was on the other side of the room. That never happens matt is attached to his phone.

"Hey matt" i say softly

"go away" i hear the same muffled voice

"im sorry" i step closer to him

"no your not" he rolls over and faces the wall away from me

"what do you mean im not?" I sit down onto his bed next to him

"Well if you were sorry you wouldn't have done it in the first place" he said still staring at the wall,  swear he's not blinking

"matt its not like that i promise" i turn to him

"so what's it supposed to be like?" He finally turns to me

"I- i dont know" i look away from him

"harper you gotta give me something more than 'I dont know'"

"i cant"

"why?"

"Matt, please, its complicated"

"ok but you still lied"

"well i didn't exactly lie"

"ok now your confusing me harper"

"can you stop with the full name"

"not until i find out why you lied"

"i didnt lie i just twisted the truth"

After a while matt finally got on board, i think, but he said that we can leave it and he called me harps again. I left it alone and so did matt but i could tell that he was still upset.

We were back on the couch and now chris was upset. "Omg what now" i turned to him

"you went for another one of your private conversations" he crossed him arms and stuck his lip out like a toddler.

"omg i give up" i got up and made my way to nicks room.

Suddenly I remembered the light in Chris's room. I made my way up to see now that the light was turned off. But chris didnt leave the couch while matt and i were talking.

I walked into the room looking around but everything seemed normal. As i was about to leave a chill went down my spine. His window was open and it was cold out. I opened his closet and got out a hoodie. Then made my way back downstairs.

A/N

Ok ino they're acting like children but this is FICTION so please don't judge me or this book I'll try to make it better I promise.