The Race

"I... Hate... You!"

This was what X's brain had come up with after a swift train of thoughts, this was what she could at least conclude with before she blacked out.

Seeing as she had blacked out, Tang Zhan who was about to sink his fangs into her neck stopped and unexpectedly he became dejected, his expression one of sadness. He then dropped X gently on the ground while looking at his hands.

He was confused and shocked, he placed his hands on the wall and pushed slightly. Banjo and Yufei still kept their eyes trained on him, and as hey saw him put his right hand on the wall and push, they expected him to remove his hand after unsuccessfully doing what he wanted to, but never in their wildest dreams would they expect to see the whole side of the building blast off like a balloon that was popped.

"What, the, Hell... Is that?" They both said together.

Tang Zhan brows raised high up like he just had a sudden realization. "Me... Strong?" His current condition seems to have made him incapable of making full sentences, but his full thoughts were.

'If me strong... Her neck hold... Weak... Break... No!' He didn't realize it until now, he was too strong and his new strength was so sudden that when he held X's neck, he had only felt like he held it softly but that softly was more than enough to kill her.

He instantly knelt close to her, brought out a healing potion as poured it down her throat. Within seconds her bruised throat showed signs of reversing and before he knew it, there was nothing physical to show fir her previous maltreatment.

X's eyelashes fluttered a bit before her eyes blinked open. She blinked sluggishly a dew more times before her eyes suddenly shot open.

"Aahhh!" She crawled back swiftly as she held her head between her knees with her hand above her head. "I- I'm sorry, please don- don- don't kill me I won't try it again ... In fact I'll leave ... Please spare me."

She waited a few but when she didn't receive anymore attacks or hits, she looked up only to find it he was gone, no longer before her.

Yufei and Banjo ran up to her as they assisted her up. Just by holding her hand both of them could feel her erratic pulse from her wrist.

Yufei looked up and shared an eye contact with Banjo, then they both nodded accordingly and led her back inside her room where Yufei stayed with her until she slept.

{Tang Zhan's.p.o.v.}

What came over me, Why did I do what I did, what was that that took over me. I felt... Primal. Untamed. Wild. Invulnerable.

No that's still what I was talking about, something else came up something from my heart, I called her something, my something. What did I call her, I couldn't remember.

All I knew was I wanted her, every inch and corner of her I wanted it. No no no, what am I thinking.

Could I possibly? No! Then what was it ?... Oh yes the system can tell.

"Status window!" I called and the all familiar holographic panel appeared before me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

[Name: Tang Zhan.

Race: (Awakening) Ancient youngling. i.

Bloodline: Immortal blind bloodline. i.

Power: Ancient Shadow. i.

               Elemental Flame. i.

Energy: 16,804/16,804. i