The field opens

Landing on the solid rock that was used by challengers and rankers, Aion action was surprising, and with the way his body was all battered and bloodied numerous parts of his skin missing and with horrifying looks. Some were less critical with thin fibres of muscles still holding on together, while some lacked any form of muscles and only strands of them could be seen on bones.

Everyone looking at the scene could only guess and imagine that the battle had truly gone as the guy had said and with Aion's earlier action, they could all guess that it was the guy that made both of them disappear somewhere else, and since Aion had appeared alone it showed that the guys life was put in danger fighting Aion and he had sent him out of the dimension to preserve his own life as well.

Even though they knew of Aion's ability to turn invisible it was more reasonable to assume that the guy's ability was the one at work with the way Aion was heavily injured and disarrayed.

Clang!

His scythe falls to the ground as he realizes the guy is not around him anymore, he goes down on his knees and he breathes out a hot steam of turbid energy.

That was when they also see his burnt to the bone palms, with burnt and dried blood on the edges of the wound. The left side of his face is still peeled away with his teeth in view and two missing tooth, the top and lower fangs on the left.

Everyone felt pity for Aion and they even doubted if he'll still be able to participate in gods field, and there was even a chance that someone could challenge him for his rank at his weakened state, but in reality everything was staged.

Aion just ignited his flame in his throat and quenches it immediately, the heatwave causing the steam of exhausted he breathed out, and as for his missing teeth, he simply just retracted his fangs all the way inside.

Seeing as Aion is still on his knees without any thoughts on moving from there, his teammates realized he was much more injured that they assumed from what they saw.

So without wasting time, Glyscyra and Meriel were the first to react as they both rushed forward, Grad following right after while the slightly exhausted Rill was the last to move.

They climbed the rock and ran to Aion, whom as if feeling the approach of his teammates, finally relaxes his tense body and collapse but Glyscyra was fast enough to catch him before he hit the ground.

Meriel places the back of her hand on his head, seeing as his temperature is okay she breathes out a sigh of relief, but then she freezes up again.

"If the fight ends with him unconscious, doesn't that mean he lost?"

"I don't think that is applicable to this situation since the other guy was disqualified, being disqualified means he naturally won already!" Grad answers to Meriel's confusion.

Glyscyra hands over Aion to Meriel, placing his head gently on her lap, then she stands up and faces the crowd.

"Aion the challenger is unconscious, and the challengee is disqualified for purposely aiming to kill his opponent, as this is the result of the fight, is there a winner or does it end in a tie!" Glyscyra asked out, pushing the results unto the crowd of rankers.

Nobody spoke or answered, as everyone just looked at each other with no one ready to give an opinion, as no one was ready to be the first to make a statement that will go against a crowd of more than a thousand people.

No one except for the top ten rankers, ten of the fifteen holders of the fifteen stars title which was now reduced to fourteen stars.

"A tie!" The tenth ranker said, being the first to break the silence causing the rupture of numerous murmuring from the crowd.

"Yeah a tie!" The ninth ranker followed suit in agreement.

"It's a valid tie!" The eight ranker went up next.

"There is absolutely no other option, it is a tie!" The seventh ranker also gave his argument.

"It is a tie, and the spot is shifted upwards so there will only just be a need for another ranker one thousand, there could be a ten man battle royale from the unranked and the winner of the fight gets it!" Making a standard argument, the sixth ranker advices with a righteous face.

"I will have to agree with you on this one, we shift the ranks up and any random ten unranked can fight for the one thousandth position!" The fifth ranker also agrees to the point the sixth ranker makes, all of them stating in their personal benefits.

The previous fourth ranker Ichikawa, that lost to Aion and had his rank given to Meriel raised his hand.

Apparently during Aion's leave, Ichikawa had fought back a rank and is now currently the thirty first ranker.

"It's a win for him, even after fighting someone previously without rest he fought someone else, who not only use underhanded methods but also wanted to very much kill this person. It's a win for Aion, even though he is unconscious."

Meriel as well raised one of her hands, the other on Aion's head caressing his hair gently. "I as the fourth ranker, believe it is a win for Aion, because I know none of us here can take this amount of wounds and still remain alive and well. He is critically injured but his conditions are fine and it is almost like he is just asleep. So in my opinion it is a win for him."

The tenth ranker up till the fourth had spoken and it was now the third ranker's turn, but there was no third ranker to speak up, so it skipped a rank to the second ranker.

"Well, according to me... He is funny and hilarious with his moves so it is a win, I enjoyed everything he did and I'm hoping to see more so he wins. He is also cute with his white eyes so it's a waste to not let him win!" The second ranker was all smiles when she spoke, her eyes holding a funny glint and her beaming self that doesn't seem to match in with anywhere as it is too radiant and joyous.

Then it got to the first rankers turn and all eyes turns to him. He is sitting on a small piece of rock meditating, his expression one of a antique being that had seated in place for thousands of years.

Everyone were anxious of asking him, even the other rankers in the top ten couldn't help but move their gazes away as they are not willing to be in anything that has to do with the first ranker, that was for everyone except the only girl in the top ten, as well as the only female in the fifteen stars, the second ranker.

"Hey Meng Luoyang! It's your turn, don't be a party pooper and give your opinion after all you're first ranker, your opinion is more important, so stop acting all serene like master get your mind down here with us! Hmph!" She breathes in annoyance as she picks up a small stone and throws it at the guy's head with precise aim.

The stone stopped in it's track, two fingers holding it in place right before it hits the guy's head. Then the fingers press slightly and crush the stone into dust, he stands up and dusts his clothes.

The wind blows gently on him, his clothes swaying back and forth, his long mid back length hair also blowing with the wind. Then he grabs it and rolls it up, and holds it in place with a jade hairpin that has the shape of a snake coiled around it.

"Whether he wins or not is not my priority, whatever you're going to do better be done quick. The field has gathered enough energy and will open soon, I can't be bothered with the results of a lowlife destined to only be beneath the dirt underneath my feet!" Meng Luoyang says as he walks towards a certain spot then he takes about three steps back.

"Remember the gods field takes in one person per minute, and closes after sixteen hours forty two minutes, which is time for one thousand and two people to be transported. A thousand people for a thousand minutes and the remaining two minutes is for the unranked that won't be able to go in to cultivate some of the rich energy from the gods field. No acting out of line, entry according to rank!" Meng Luoyang says as he joins his hands behind his back and closes his eyes.

The instance he did a turbulence occured three paces away from him, the wind was blowing crazily and wildly. Along with the gathering of wind, energy as well gathered and this energy kept gathering and gathering tile it became thick enough for the human eyes to see and then it turned into a vortex. The energy going wildly in circles, dizzying circles as it spins into itself.

...