Tang Zhan

Thanks to you all who are reading this book, although this is my first time writing a novel, I hope I'm able to satisfy you at least a little bit

...

In a beautiful mansion, compound filled with cars and majestic garden. in a room, painted with black and nothing more, laid on the bed a young boy, seemingly asleep but not.

Although, his eyes were closed, his face was partially facing a direction, in which a girl sat, typing away at a computer, and after a while she stopped and looked back at the boy.

" Brother Zhan, your vr set is on the way, do you want to do anything before I get breakfast?" The girl questioned, looking at her brothers face.

This girl, has a black flowing hair, cute pointed face, small nose and plump red lips with big blue eyes. She was fairly tall and had a nice bust and fit body shape.

" No, there's nothing on my mind. I'll just wait for the vr set " The girl, after hearing this, stood up and left the room, leaving the boy alone in the room.

This girl was obviously Tang Yufei, the second most beautiful girl in shanghai, she was also the daughter of the Tang family.

The Tang family, 4th most richest family in China, and also the seventh most powerful and influential family as they are part of the ancient families, and this mansion is their home base situated in shanghai along with some of their other branches.

The heads of the Tang family, has amassed wealth and power, just like their ancestor did, Tang Heewon and his wife Tang Rulou has kept their power and position, only due to the passed down heirloom, a secret formula for making wine.

This heirloom has been passed down from generation to generation, without any family members knowledge of it.

It only got revealed when Tang Zhan, the son of Tang Heewon and Rulou, mistakenly entered the basement of the house, but because he was blind he unknowingly entered a secret room of some sort and found a recipe book for an unknown drink that became the Tang families special wine 'ichor', he also found a scroll and an egg sized crystal. This 'ichor' was what shot the Tang family from 34th to 4th richest family.

Tang Zhan hid the crystal from his parents and gave them the book and scroll because he couldn't read them.

His parents seeing no use in the scroll that had some incomplete martial arts technique, gave it to Tang Zhan as a form of reward, even hiring someone to always read it to him when he needs.

Tang Zhan was interrupted from his reminiscing, as someone approached his door.

" come in it isn't locked." Tang Zhan was resting on the window sill, enjoying the fresh wind.

The door to his room opened and his sister entered holding a plate of sandwiches, while a man also entered but was holding a box that had the logo of a gaming console painted on it.

" brother the vr set has arrived, come eat quick so you can start alongside everyone!" Tang Yufei excitedly said.

The man beside her couldn't help but tilt his head in confusion, ' it is the boy who is going to play, but it's the girl who is getting excited.'

The delivery man just shrugged his shoulders and dropped the box before taking his leave, as he knows that if he dared question one of the ancient families, his next ten generations could be banned from ever getting a job.

After the man left, the boy Tang Zhan got down from the window sill, collected his plate from his sister and taking a bite from the sandwich.

" Yufei, why are you getting excited for no reason?" He asked her.

" For no reason you say, seems like you don't know the meaning of 1000% reality, in other words it is better than earth 10 times. Even if something in our world is also there, it's going to be 10 times better than ours. So, why wouldn't I be excited."

Hearing his sister over exaggerated reply, Tang Zhan raised a brow and shook his head.

"well if you want your excitement to be justified, then you should also get a vr set".

After eating the sandwiches and chatting a little with his sister, Tang Zhan wore the vr set which was actually an helmet, and he clicked a button that looked like a red diamond at the forehead part of the helmet.

It only took a few seconds after the button was pressed for Tang Zhan's body to fall into a slumber state.

Tang Zhan only felt that he had left the comfort of his silky bedspread, instead he could feel himself standing.

Yufei had told him many times the main reason why she wanted him to play the game.

It was because within the game, it was like judgement day, where all deformities in the body are no more, cripples can walk in the game, the deaf can hear, the dumb could speak and the blind can see, at least that was what the anonymous producers of the game had said.

Yufei always wanted her brother to see her, as he was blind from birth, and so since her own birth till this day Tang Zhan has never seen how his sister looked like.

Tang Zhan was 18, while Tang Yufei was seventeen, which means for seventeen years Tang Yufei had waited for the day her brother would see her true appearance and not the one he had always imagined through description.

So there was one confusion right now for Tang Zhan, why was he still blind even in the game.

"seems like I was really cursed to never see the true beauty of both my world and this game world, hahaha!..." Clearing up the sad expression from his face, he tried sensing the air as he always did on earth.

Tang Zhan apparently noticed he could feel things around just like on earth, but maybe better and he could also hear the voice of a female.

[welcome player to our world]

[please select a name]

Not seeing anything, Tang Zhan just followed the voice and replied the name he would like to use for the game. "Roman!".

Surprise suddenly filled Tang Zhan face as he heard the female next words.

[that is not your name]

Trying different name, he came back with the same answer, until he finally decided to use his real name.

[player name: Tang Zhan]

[password correct]

[access granted]

[please proceed by reading your information]
...

until next time.