Calming fears

A/n- teehee here's a one shot bitches that came from my heart and soul as it took me an hour to write , enjoy 🤠🥖

It was a long day as you had gotten home from a hellish day at your job as a back up helper nerosergeaon , you stood at home lying down on the couch trying to process the days work. You had lost a patient today due to complactions and excessive bleeding and after the operation and you felt that it was your Fualt when really it wasn't , it was the main Sergeons fault. The days of work and lack of food and sleep were all catching up to you. The exhaustion and mental stress was all piling up and you felt you were losing yourself but what was even worse is the things you had dealt with from your husband ,Simon.

Simon Riley.

Lately because of his line of work and daily deal with toxic leadership Simon has been distant and cold and he's been lashing out and an has been very temperamental to the point you couldn't even stay in the same room as him as you had been fearful of what he might say or do. He'd never lay a finger on you but his tone alone was enough to scare you and make you nervous. As you had been sitting and lounging on the couch you heard the front door slam shut and you tensed up as you heard the firm footsteps coming from down the hall. The sound of boots hitting the floor with every step was so fimiliar you've grown to know who's who just by there footsteps.

Soon you saw your husband standing before you about 7 feet away and he looked at you with a cold an furious gaze. He stood in his normal blue jeans , black combat boots and the hoodie you've grown fond for. He hasn't worn his mask as he usually takes it off once he's steps foot into the house. You kept quiet as you watched him as he was still breathing heavily with fury, his lips trembling in anger and his gaze locked onto you. The only thing he knew how to do was get mad at everything and everyone for no apparent reason. He then glared at you before he walked into the kitchen and started pouring himself a drink, specifically whisky and he started looking over at you on the couch again.

He wasn't used to you being so quiet when he came home this upset. He would normally expect some words of encouragement or comfort, but you didn't say anything.He was curious, but mostly just frustrated at your silence. You stood quiet not wanting to speak as you were hesitant if you spoke he'd lash out, you didn't want that and you were scared. Simon took a sip of the alcohol and then slammed the glass down on the counter causing the glass to slightly crack. He looked at you again not knowing what to do next except look at you. This wasn't like you, in the past he could always rely on you to calm him down and encourage him but now you usually kept silent and let him shout , yell ect. It felt weird for him that now you were so silent. It was frustrating him even further.

He looked back at you noticing the slight nervousness in your eyes.It was weird seeing you nervous, you were always so confident and assured and so kind and smiling.This made him feel bad about everything and feel bad for you and his gaze softens as he realized just how bad things have gotten for you between everything. Simon saw you keep quiet again. He started feeling worse. Why wouldn't you speak? Did you hate him? his thoughts ran .The silence was driving him crazy, and he knew the alcohol wasn't helping. He couldn't just walk away either, this needed to be sorted out.

"Talk to me..." Simon muttered out suddenly. He was tired of all your silence but most of all he wanted to know why you were so silent, he missed the way you used to talk to him when he was feeling badly. He didn't realize it until now but you needed the comfort from him. You've always comforted and helped him but it was hard to try and do it back to you since he really didn't know but he wanted to try. You were so loving and caring and lately he hasn't done the same for you. He kept his arms folded across his chest as he continued to stare you down. It felt strange to look at you and not see the fire and confidence he was used to but he wanted to try and fix it.

you sat there like a scared puppy keeping silent and fiddling with your fingers. It felt wrong to see you this out of it and the more he thought of it the worse he felt. His heart was pounding out of his chest as he felt like a terrible partner for making you this way. He sighed deeply, walking around the couch to you and gently sitting next to you keeping the space between you and him. He felt his anger leave his body as he saw your tense and nervous body worsen and his gaze softened slowly as he saw you look down at your feet.

He didn't want you to be afraid. He hated how his anger is affecting you, and the thought of losing you over his anger was terrifying.The fear of you didn't go unnoticed, it took him a moment before asking in a quieter tone.

"Are... are you afraid of me?"

You were hesitant to answer him but you gave a slight look of concern. Simon noticed your reluctance to answer but your silence and body language gave away the answer.
"I...I would never hurt you!"
He said desperately as he was trying to make you believe what he was saying. He had never been violent with you but he understood why you were afraid. He had lashed out at everything else and he knew it wasn't just the day's stress that was stressing you.
"The work and...and with your temper lately it's been hard.."
Your words hurt him.

Simon suddenly saw things from your side and his anger and frustration were now none existent and filled with guilt. He didn't want you hurting or being afraid. You had no reason to believe he would never hurt you and he would kill himself before he ever laid a hurtful hand on you.

" I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have taken out all this on you luv...nothing is your fault and I'm sorry for yelling everything..." He apologized and he noticed your nervousness slowly leave you.The yelling made you scared, but hearing you say it was a lot from work made his heart feel tight. It meant the stress was too much for you to handle in silence, and Simon didn't know how to make you feel better but he had one thing in mind. He wrapped his arms around you in a gentle hug, not wanting to let go now that he had this physical comfort. You gently leaned into him and as you had all Your feelings piled up, you felt yourself get teary and you wrapped your arms around him and held him tightly as you buried your face into his touch.

Simon held you tightly in his arms feeling slightly surprised at how you suddenly broke down into tears. It was strange to see you cry let alone have so much pent up stress. You were usually such a strong woman but now you were so fragile and vulnerable. He continued to hold you close as he was caressing your back as you let out all your pent up emotion.It was heartbreaking to see you like this, so Simon did the only thing he knew to do in a time like this to hold and comfort you as He started gently started rocking you back and forth.
"I'm sorry luv I am so so sorry..."
He whispered to you as he pressed a gentle kiss to the top of your head and watched as you let out all your feelings.

"I miss you....i feel guilty....i just want the old you back."
You sniffled and he kissed your head again.
"I promise to change...never again will you ever hear me raise my voice and I promise to be a better husband and you've been the best wife , you deserve better."
He held you tighter.

He knew never again that he'd yell or raise his voice and that his main priority would be to keep you happy and safe.