Stick up

A/n- to the person who this was requested by I hope you enjoy this request and to the others who read this :)

" swap seats."
A soldier said sternly.
You turned and looked up from your gray of food and you nodded quietly towards him and you grabbed your tray and left . There wasn't really anywhere to sit and you didn't want to move your seat but you just couldn't say no .

You had a thing for not being able to say no. You were a people pleaser and this caused many people to take advantage of you and make your days harder than what it already is . You usually took on extra work when you could , forgetting about yourself and your own needs .

You were always so worried about everyone else's needs you couldn't even come forward for your own . You always got pushed around by people in base and you always wanted to say No but you never did. You didn't know that it was okay to say no and you never wanted to hurt anyone's feelings . Soap always thought you were too soft but once you were on the field  it was like you were a whole new person.

The others on your team for 141 see You've killed countless people and yet you're over here worried about how the other person feels but yourself .

You sighed and walked away from the table you were originally at and you saw that there were no more seats to sit at since it was all filled up with other soldiers . Guess we're not eating lunch today, you said to yourself as you threw your food away in a nearby trash bin .

You walked out of chow hall and you walked back to your room to hopefully change and you walked down the hallways passed other soldiers until you saw papers flying everywhere.
" yo l/n can you go pick that up yeah ? ."
A soldier from unit 3 said as he walked past you with a bunch of soldiers laughing .

" uh sure ."
You said quietly and you knelt on the ground and watched as they walked by you laughing and you sighed and picked up all the papers . You didn't want to do it but you wanted to avoid conflict with others and you didn't want to upset anyone .

You started picking up the papers gently until you saw someone starting to help you . You looked up from your spot and you saw that it was ghost , your boyfriend.
" Oh hi Ghost ."
You said while still picking up the papers .
" you know y/n you can say no correct? It's okay to say No when you don't want to do something."

" I guess ...I didn't want to make anyone upset though ."
You replied.
" You shouldn't care if they are upset , there are the ones who threw the papers so they should clean it themselves . It is not a bad thing to put your needs first before others ."
He said while cleaning up the rest of the papers .

" it's okay to say no and to have boundaries , for example with you and me , I once asked you for a French fry and you said no . The same way you can say no with me is the same way you can say no with them ."
He said softly while helping you up from the floor.

" you didn't want to move your spot earlier and you didn't say no , if you don't have to do it nor want to then you can say no ."
He said while walking you to his room .
" Are you okay with me bringing you to my room to talk alone ?."
He spoke , not wanting to seem vulnerable in front of anyone else .

" yes ."
You answered .
" Is this answer out of free will or are you saying this just to say it ?."
He asked .
" No, I actually want to go , I'm tired of being out here and I'm kinda hungry ."
You said .
" here ."
He handed you a protein bar that should leave you full until the next meal and you took the protein bar from him and thanked him as he walked you to his room.

You got up to his room and you entered and he closed the door . You sat on the edge of his bed and he walked over and sat next to you and wrapped his arm around you . You wasted no time and you leaned straight into his touch and smiled to yourself.

" Say No ."
He said and you gave him a confused look .
" No ."
You spoke .
" Good , now if someone is bothering you or trying to force you to do something you don't want to do, what do you do ?."
He said,
" say no."
You said quietly .
" good , it's okay to voice how you feel and to say no and have your own opinions but it's okay to disagree and to not disagree. You are allowed to express how you really feel."
He said while gently rubbing your arm.

" Now if anyone tries to bother you such as grab you or anything physical you push them away and if needed you hit them back . "
He spoke in a low, gentle tone .
He only spoke to you like this when it was just you or him . He lifted up his mask half way and he placed a kiss on the top of your forehead.

" alright now let's get back out there yeh ?."
He said while giving you another quick peck and getting up . You got up with him and he pulled his mask back down and he walked you to training .

After a few hours  of training you and him decided to get food again . You got your usual meal and sat in your spot as you always did until the same soldier from earlier came up to you.
" move."
He said sternly .
" No ."
You said simply .
" I said move ."
He said again .
" go away you fucking prick I'm tired of dealing with the same shit from you guys every day ."
You snapped, causing him to step back and leave you alone .

You huffed and opened up your water bottle and you finally sighed in relief , you did it . You said no . You saw ghost walk over to you and he sat next to you with a proud look in his eyes .
" good job ."
He said and you nodded .
" Maybe it isn't so  bad ."
You smiled .

Mission accomplished,  ghost was proud of you . He may have not shown it but he was proud and was glad you were now able to stick of for yourself.